35~ Story.

MOLLY'S POV

"I think you must have guessed when I have gathered you all here," my father began, pacing around the main court room, addressing all the important powers of Heaven in presence.

Castiel, my father had called in an urgent meeting of all the leaders of Heaven, saying that he had figured almost everything out about the problem with the missing souls. So we were all gathered here in his court, in hopes of figuring out a solution.

And yes, souls. At first, it was only my client, Niall Horan who could not cross over. But upon further inspection, we discovered that there were five more wandering souls like his, who were reaped from their bodies but were not guided towards the light and had been stuck in between bafflingly.

And why did the angels fail to find a solution to this and report it to God? We don't know yet. And that is what Dad aims to find out by calling forth this meeting.

"Molly," Dad addressed me. "When you informed me about your Reaper theory, we dug deep into it. And you were right. Niall Horan, and the five other missing souls including his, had been visited by the same Reaper."

The other leaders murmured. "And why did this not come to our attention sooner, Castiel?" One of them asked.

Dad smiled ruefully. "Because whoever did this, has cast a powerful spell which has binded the Reaper in his possession, and also, no one would even think of suspecting a rogue Reaper because that has never happened before!"

Dad continued, adjusting the collar of his trench coat. "But when I say research, I mean we dug deep. And also found the culprit. We have crossed paths yet again with Zamian, and he is behind this as well. Trying to add more souls to his collection," Castiel said bitterly, shaking his head.

"He was hidden for a long time but now, I believe we can finally defeat him. My fellows! This problem might look petty to the higher powers, but I think if we let this go without bringing this into their interest, we might have a bigger problem on our hands. So that's why I've contacted them."

"My father is right," I said, and Dad nodded at me, gesturing me to continue. I turned towards the elders seated, and cleared my throat. "This is a huge issue for us, the officers at Heaven to solve. God depends on us to solve the matters of the human souls, and it is our duty to eliminate this problem. But since we can't tackle this ourselves, we are going to bring this into light and present it to a higher power, an archangel."

The elders once again started to murmur amongst themselves. "But first, we have to call forth Derek," I said, and Dad frowned, turning to me.

"Why so?"

I glanced at him in surprise. "Because Castiel, Derek works for Zamian. He might give us answers."

"How do you know of this?" he asked urgently. How could they have not known about this? I looked around the room, and the Elders were also staring at me intently.

"Er, Derek had told me-- very smugly might I add, that he was now working for Hell. But I do believe his telling me now has worked in our favor."

Dad was seething now, and the elders were in an uproar. I guess they never expected someone like Derek to commit such a vast crime. I mean yes, he was a dark angel with unbeatable powers used in unfair means, but everyone has their limits. Even Derek.

"I demand we call him down this instant!" One of the elders burst out followed by affirmative responses.

And seconds later, Derek was called forth. I was shocked to see his state. His vessel was in tatters, and he himself was absolutely drained. I don't suspect being in Hell made him like this. And still, judging by the air of nonchalance he showed, he still felt like he was going to get out of this okay. Hah.