27~ Ecstasy.

NIALL'S POV

I solemnly gazed at my mother, who was sitting next to the window ledge with a book in her lap, looking out the glass window with a blank stare. I knew that look of hers. She always wore it when she was deeply upset about something, and was thinking too hard about it.

I admit. I was always a momma's boy, and my little sister was a daddy's girl. I always knew when Mum was feeling sad, when she needed cheering up with one of my cheesy jokes and song parodies.

I sighed. I was now nose to nose with the glass, inches away from my mother. It hurt like hell that she couldn't see me, that she didn't know that her son never left; he's still here.

I know that by coming here, being near my family, being on the outside looking in, I was being a masochist.

But I can't help it. This is the only place where I feel calm. Where I feel a sense of safety, a sense of serenity. And you feel the same serenity with Zayn as well, my conscience tacked along.

Heaving out a heavy sigh for the nth time tonight, I drifted to my usual place, the steep cliff somewhere in Ireland. I perched myself on the top, legs dangling, as I stared out at the stormy grey sea. The stars were twingling above, and the whole atmosphere made my solemn mood shift a bit, as I found myself smiling at the serene sounds and sights of nature.

It was weird. I could drift almost anywhere in the world, when I knew for a fact that only the ghost who found closure were granted freedom, and the rest (like me) haunted their places of death. but not me. Guess I really am a freak.

I sighed and closed my eyes. When I was alive, I never stopped and took notice of the little things. And that was one of my mistakes. The little things are what make the biggest differences, and the littlest mistakes make the biggest impacts.

Littlest mistakes... was going to Zayn for help actually a mistake that was now this huge mess? Or was this meant to happen? I can't ignore the feelings I have towards Zayn, no matter how wrong they might be. It doesn't matter. He doesn't care about me, or think of me that way. He thinks I'm annoying.

"Niall? Niall can you hear me?"  the familiar voice carried over the soft wind, and I shuddered. Oh God. Now I keep hearing his voice in my head. I'm too far gone.

"Niall? Please I just want to talk to you," his velvety voice pleaded once again, and my eyes widened in realisation.

Could it be that Zayn is actually calling out for me? He actually wants to talk to me again? But why?

Suddenly feeling an unusual rush fill up my essence, I stood up from the hilltop, and closed my eyes, concentrating on my destination; Zayn.

~*~

I apparated in Zayn's room, and he was sitting cross legged on his bed, his head cradled in his hands. I bit my lower lip.

"Zayn?" I called out tentatively, hesitantly. Zayn snapped his head up inhumanely fast, staring at me like I was a ghost- well you get my point.

"Niall? How did you..." Zayn trailed off, his voice hoarse.

"Um. I thought I heard you call my name," I shrugged, looking at him hopefully.

Zayn looked even more startled now. "Wait... you heard me? From... wherever you were?"

I shrugged again, but on the inside, I was just as awed as Zayn was. "Yeah."

Zayn nodded, and nibbled on his lower lip. He then stood up from his bed, standing eye level with me. "Look Niall. Please. Hear me out. I need to apologize to you. This was so long overdue," Zayn shook his head.