Chapter 11

Chapter 11: Anniversary

• • •

March 2014

ZAYN'S POV

After Niall had unexpectedly showed up at the beach and left, I couldn't concentrate on the party much.

"You alright mate?" Liam walked over to where I was standing near the sea shore, standing beside me. "You look like you've seen a ghost," he commented cheekily, and I snorted.

"You're right about that."

Liam's eyes widened in realization. "O-oh. The blonde ghost? He's back?" he asked, and I nodded.

Yes. Liam knew all about my ability and other job. 'Cause he was the only other person who I trusted enough with my secret.

"Yeah, he said he got caught up when he visited his old home, and I have a feeling he has to tell me something more now," I pursed my lips in thought. I needed to get home soon.

"Wow, you really are a clairvoyant," Liam nudged me playfully and I laughed, nudging him back.

"Uh, Zayn? Time to go," Justin called out from behind, and I answered him with a "be right there".

"Zayn, be careful of that guy, he looks bad news to me," Liam warned, glaring in the direction Justin left.

"I know Liam. I'm not stupid."

Liam sighed. "Yeah, but I know how much you let your emotions get in the way sometimes and don't use your brain."

"Yeah, I know. I'm just having fun," I half-lied with a shrug.

Liam nodded in approval. "Good. See you after a few weeks?" he offered ruefully, as a parting gesture.

"But, I thought we were going to meet up at Louis' house tomorrow?" I frowned.

"Yeah, but," Liam shrugged helplessly. "Privates school classes are strict. So, I'm leaving first thing in the morning, which is-" Liam checked his phone, "-about a few hours later as it's almost two."

"Oh, okay," I sighed sadly, engulfing my best friend in a tight hug. We separated, and Liam offered me a sincere smile.

"Good luck with Niall. Keep me updated, and be careful of that Bieber kid," he added firmly.

"Yes, mum!" I chuckled, and waved to Liam one last time. Jogging over the now empty beach, I walked to where Justin's car was parked. I spotted it, and climbed inside.

"Hey," I smiled at Justin, who smirked, looking up from his phone.

"Hey. So, Zayn? It's pretty late. How about we just crash at my place for the night?"

I sighed inwardly. I knew where he was going with this.

"Can we do a rain check on that?" I spoke, my eyes widening at my own words. Why did I say that? Pass over an oppurtunity like this?! 'Cause of Liam's words?

No... Because I needed to get home and talk to Niall. He looked awfully sad.

But, still?! I never get this lucky!

"Oh, that's alright," Justin shrugged, but his tone hinted that he wasn't the only one surprised by my answer.

After a silently awkward drive, Justin pulled over at my house. "Well. See you at school?"

"See you then," I smiled. Justin leaned over and pecked me on the lips.

"Good night," he smiled cutely, and I blinked in shock when he pulled away. He was acting so sweet all of a sudden, so unlike the smirking guy I was making out with a few hours ago.

The Ghost Counselor [Ziall] [MAJOR EDITING]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें