Chapter 18

Your P.O.V.

You sit on your bed while Mel plays with your hair. This always seemed to clam you when you were upset.

"(Y/N).... Jareth wanted me to tell you his side of the story...."

You sit there silently. Do you listen? Or do you just stay bitter?

You decide to listen.

"Tell me please"

Mel smiles and tells you everything.

Jareth's P.O.V.

~back to teenage Jareth the goblin Prince~

It had been two earth years since my father blocked me off from the human world. I was 17 in human years and my parents had agreed I needed a queen sooner or later. So they brought all sorts of women in.

Soon after I met a elvish princess named Ruby. She was the one my parents chose for me because I was so heartbroken I wouldn't choose.

She couldn't tell I did not love her but she loved me. She obsessed over me. She was so blindly in love that every other lady I had the opportunity to court she uh. Well she killed them.

She heard me say (Y/N)s name one night and she was furious trying to figure out who she was. She held a dagger to my throat until I told her (Y/N) was a human and no threat to her.

She believed me. Thank god. As soon as I became king and I could I shoved her back into her world and locked the goblin kingdom away from all worlds... Slowly growing lonelier and lonelier. Then a girl named Sarah came to my attention. She reminded me of my dear (Y/N) whom I thought was dead because I couldn't find her anywhere. 

She wished her brother away and when I tried to offer her my broken heart in trade for her brother she shattered it. She didn't love me.

So I locked myself way. Until one day a goblin guard ran in. My love was back.... But as I had anticipated.... She forgot me....

Your P.O.V.
~present time~

You sat there. Tears streaming down your cheeks. You hugged Mel tightly and sighed.

"I need to forgive him..."