Chapter 1

"Hey Em," I said, "hey Rachel," said Emily whilst on her phone. "Listen Em get of your phone and help me actually do the assignment which I may remind you is due this Friday and today's Wednesday." "Whatever you say mom."
Emily and I have been best friends for about 2 years when I moved. Emily has been there for me since and I've been there for her since then, we get along just fine but most days we don't but whatever that's ok.
"Rachel?"
"Yes?"
"Is this supposed to go here?"
"No...... Why?"
"We have a little problem,"
" EMILY!"
Like I said most days we're fine but other days...... We aren't.
As I clean up Emily's mess she keeps going on and on about high heels. She's a lot of work, but I love her anyway. After what seemed like forever( actually 15 minutes) I finished doing the assignment by myself and fixed Emily's mistake, no thanks to her. I put the assignment in my bag ready to take it to Miss Williams tomorrow. I cooked food for me and Emily. "You're such an amazing friend for helping me with the project Em," I say sarcastically. "I try," says Emily flipping her hair back.
We then watched a movie called Minions and it was hilarious. Emily and I haven't done this in days because of school and all the assignments that were due this Friday. I finished mine and gave it in a week early and I decided to help Emily with hers and she gave hers in yesterday. We watched many movies and tv shows. We painted our nails, did each other's hair and makeup, dressed up and watched YouTube videos. It was the best.
"Molly and Christopher are dating but like Molly likes Jack but Jack likes Cassandra and Christopher likes Cassandra and Cassandra likes Dylan, it's really complicated but like Molly is dating Christopher because she wants to be popular and Christopher is only dating Molly because he's using her to get Cassy(short for Cassandra)," said Emily. "Gosh wow!" I said surprised, "We'll see how this turns out but let's not talk about it." Emily mumbles something under her breath but I'm not gonna say anything. We continue watching YouTube videos and we realize it's 5:45pm and Emily has to go. Emily packs her things and goes, we both kiss each other on the cheek and she leaves.
*Rachel's mind*
Demon 1: finally she's gone
Demon 2: thank god
Demon 3: mmmm.....yea, I like her but.....
Rachel(inside her head): but what?
D3: idk I can't seem to put my finger on it
Rachel: whatever
D2: Emily, Shanon, Emily, Shanon. Emily reminds me of Shanon
Rachel: Emily is nothing like Shanon ( Rachel sniffling in real life and in her mind)
D1: is Rachel gonna cry haha
Rachel: no way
D3: whatever you say bitch haha
Rachel: urgh I don't wanna do this anymore..... Bye
D1, D2, D3: bye bye Rachel hahahahahahha

-Out of Rachel's Mind-
I hate my demons so much. They always torment me especially when I'm happy but they never torment me when I'm with Emily, hmmm I don't know why. I went to the kitchen to make myself a chicken and mayo sandwich with some lettuce. My mom came into the room and she looked at me with her dark blue eyes it's as if they were piercing through my skin, I became uncomfortable and I decided to talk to her. It's been forever since I've talked to her, well not forever but maybe like 6 days almost a week. "Hey mom, you want a sandwich?" I said
"Hi sweetie and no thanks I'm not hungry"
"Mom you're never hungry, what's going on?"
"Nothing sweetie just not in the mood for food"
"Mom what's wrong? you're scaring me, please eat," I beg her scared
"Ok if you want me to"
"Thank you," I say relieved.
I made her a sandwich and we sat down across from each other. I couldn't help but notice that she looked skinner than before, could she be anorexic? My mind wonders to all the possibilities and I then soon realize she's done eating, wow she's a fast eater.... I think. My mom has been awfully quiet since last month, it's as if something is eating her up maybe she's worried about all her work assignments and stuff.

My mom stands up and makes another sandwich in fact three, I can tell she's very hungry but I leave her in peace, no questions asked.
"Honey you and I need to spend some time together, I know school has been hectic and my work load is a lot but I miss spending time with you," my mom said as if she was about to cry. "Sure mom anything for you," I say a bit worried. "You're the only reason why I'm alive sweetie," my mom says as a tear rolls down her face, I wipe it away and smile at her whilst she rests her cheek in my hand. I get up and hug her tighter than ever and kiss her on her forehead, realizing that she was tired I took her to bed and that's when my world fell apart again, I looked at my mom's hand and I saw the self harm scars. My whole world fell apart I couldn't take it, somehow I felt as if it was my fault because I hadn't talked to her in 6 days. I ran to my room; 1 cut, 2 cuts, 3 cuts 4 the blood started dripping and then I washed of the blood in the bathroom. I can't believe I cut again. I thought I stopped but no, I hadn't, the last time I cut was 2 days ago I thought I was getting better but I thought wrong. A few minutes later my dad comes home and checks up on me.

"Hey sweetheart," said my dad
"Hey dad, how was work?"
"Work was fine I got my paycheck today,"
"That's great how much did you get?"  I asked surprised because I know his paycheck was due next week.
" oh you know the normal $1 000 000" he said with pride.
" a million dad that's great I'm happy for you, for us, for mom, for the whole family!" I say as I get up to hug him, "by the way mom's asleep you should tell her once she wakes up ok," I say excited. "I'll tell her sweetheart, goodnight, sweet dreams, I love you," he said happily. "Goodnight daddy and I love you too."
My dad leaves my room and I'm happy but then the thoughts come rushing back about my mom and I get angry not with my mom but with me, god why did she cut herself why?"

// all the words in bold are her thoughts most of the time; but it's gonna be obvious if she is in her mind or not//

D1: because
"Because what?" I reply to my demons
D1: because you didn't talk to her for 6 days straight
"That's because I was busy with-"
D1: Emily
"But I was helping her with her school work and-"
D1: you didn't give a damn about talking to your mom! Are you that fucking selfish bitch?!
"It's not my faul-"
D1: it's your fault and you know it
"Please stop this please!" I say crying and yelling at the voice, softly so that my dad wouldn't hear
D1: cut yourself again to make me go away
"How many?" I say reluctantly
D1: I don't know 5 maybe
D3: are you being stupid 6 at least
D2: I vote 8
D4: shall we vote, who votes 5?
-no one-
D4:  alrighty who votes 6?
-no one-
D4: who votes 8?
-all demons say yes in union-
D1: Rachel you heard them 8 cuts to make us go away and for you to feel happy darling hahahahahahha
"Fine 8 cuts," I say with tears in my eyes.
1 cut
2 cuts
3 cuts
4 cuts
5 cuts
6 cuts
7 cuts
Finally the 8th cut and they're gone..... For now.
I clean up the mess and i get a message from Emily
Emily: heyyyyyy........ I'm picking you up tomorrow at 7am
I text back : why 7?!  School starts at 8am not 7am and it takes about 10 minutes to get there from my house and it takes you 5 minutes from your house to mine
Emily : just be ready by 7am I have a surprise for you bae
Me: fine be here at 7am bae, bye I love you :*
Emily: I love you too bae :* , goodnight
Me: goodnight
Emily has been taking me to different places at 7am since the day before yesterday. On Monday she took me to Starbucks, yesterday she took me to a café and this morning she took me to her house and made me breakfast.....hmm strange, but I don't care. I'm going to sleep now before the demons come back and because it's 20:56 and i have to sleep because I have a long day ahead of me tomorrow especially since my mom and I are going to spend some time together yay.