Chapter 7

-Monday-

"Ugh I have to go to school today."

Last night I couldn't stop thinking about why Blake was here, he was supposed to be in LakeVille not AshVille. Almost all the town's here have "Ville" at the end.

Today I wore my Nike tekkies, a black crop top, grey tights and a black jersey. I went downstairs and I ate an apple and drank oros. Emily came at 6:15pm and we went to school. We didn't speak to each other.

When we were about to reach school, I looked at Em and she looked really sad. The divorce is hurting her real bad. When we reached school Em and I stayed in the car. "Lets skip school and go to the lake in the woods to our spot," I say. "Sure," says Em starting the car. Make that 27 days.

As Em pulls out of the school parking lot, tears roll down her face. We drive 6km from the school and Em parks on the side of the road.

"Its hard Rachel," says Em.

"What's hard sweetheart?"

"My parents divorcing, I never expected it. They said they loved each other every fucking day and then they divorce. What the Fuck," Em says crying.

"Shh baby,"I say hugging Em

"Rachel I want to die."

D1: what'd we say, she's like Shanon (hahahahahaha)
Me: shut up
D1: make me

"No you don't. I know it's painful sweetie but you can get through this, I'm here for you."

D1: Just like you were there for Shanon

"You're right. I just hate everyone and everything." Says Em hitting the dashboard. She cries even more. She put her head on my shoulder and I put my arm around her. We were like that for 10 minutes. Em stopped crying and she drove off. We arrived at the lake in 20 minutes.

We set up our things. I wanted to sleep. I layed down on the big blanket Em brought.
I closed my eyes and remembered all the times Em and I had together, ah the good days.

After some time I fell asleep.

Emily woke me up.
"Rachel I want to go home."
"Why?" I asked curious.
"This doesn't feel right."
"Oh," I said confused
"Yea, can we go?"
"Yea sure."
I don't know what got into her.

Wait.

Is someone watching us? I can feel it.
Someone was watching us, although I don't see them but I felt their presence.
The ocean.
That bloody Blake is here. My bones fill with fire and anger.

Why is he here?
Why is he watching us? I mean don't get me wrong I love it when he- Okay Rachel no.

I get to the car and Em was waiting for me. I got in a she sped off into the wind.

Why did you have to be here Blake, why?

Emily drops me off at home, she doesn't even give me a hug. As soon as I close the door she goes. I don't know how to feel.

I walk into my house and I take off my shoes and wear my slippers. Dad's not home, well he won't be home for the next 2 days. I grab an apple and I sit down and watch rubbish television.

Knock knock
Knock knock

D1: who could be at the door?
D3: probably Emily
D1: why?
D3: maybe she is here to apologize for her rubbish attitude
D1: probably
R:  can you shut up, both of you
D1&3: hehe okay

I walk to the door, and I get a chill down my spine as I twist the doorknob.
I open the door and Dear Lord, help me because my heart is about to explode.