Chapter 21: Present Day

Hmmm... now you know the story. Like Shannon said, it destroyed me the most. I still blame myself to this day. But I keep that behind me, leave the past behind. I'll forever keep running from the past.

Blake and I get dressed to go to The Panther. I look at Blake wearing his suit and I wonder as to why I forgave him? Is love really that powerful? Love makes you do crazy things, I'm glad it made me do this crazy thing.

"Rachel, I know I'm to die for but you can't keep staring at me. We have to go," he says with a smirk on his face. I smile and nod at him. I grab my purse and we leave.

"Have a great night out Mr and Mrs King," says the receptionist.
"Thank you, have a great night too," I say giving her a small smile.

When we are outside The Panther my nerves get the best of me. I haven't been here in ages. Blake notices how nervous I am. "Rachel, it'll be okay. We are just her to get a package and leave. Okay?"
"Okay," I whisper.

We go to the front door and the bouncer immediately lets us in, that's what Versace can do for you.

When we enter smooth music is playing. It's making me want to curl in warm blankets and watch a movie with my mom. Blake and I immediately go straight to the bar. When we get there I see a girl whose name tag read Jennifer. I point her out to Blake. Blake whispers in my ear he'll do the talking. He's a smooth talker. He asks Jennifer to speak in private, she agrees.

I'm now left alone, in a bar and my anxiety is sky-rocketing through the roof. I order myself cold water with lots of ice to call myself down. Minutes go by and Blake isn't back.

"Rachel! Is that you? Oh my god it is you!"
I turn around and I see Hailey and Marcus. When I first came to The Panther Hailey and Marcus made me feel welcome.
"Hailey. Marcus. How are you guys?" I say hugging them.
"Well we are alright. How are you holding up?" asks Marcus.
"I'm fine. Two years away from this town gave me a clear head," I say taking a sip of my water.
"Are you here alone?" Hailey asks raising an eyebrow.
"No, I'm here with a... friend," I say.
"Guy or girl?" Marcus asks.
"Does it matter?" I ask.
"Ah! So it is a guy," Marcus says laughing, Hailey joins in too.
"Ha ha yea."
"So what bring you here? Partying? Drugs? Alcohol? What?" Hailey asks.
"I just came here to see this place again," I say.
"Boring. Well anyway enjoy yourself Rachel. Marcus and I are here for you," Hailey says kissing my cheek.
"Goodbye kiddo," Marcus says hugging me.
"Goodbye Marcus. Goodbye Hailey."
I knew that goodbye was forever. Tears stung my eyes, a tear rolled down my cheek. I quickly wiped it away. They meant the world to me, they helped me through hard times. I loved them so much. They were the only ones from my past I wouldn't mind keeping. Oh and they're married. 14 years strong.

"Hey, you okay?" Blake says interrupting my thoughts.
"Um yea, did you get the package?" I ask.
"Yes. Let's go."
"Yea we should-"
"Rachel!"
"Hailey?"
"Kiddo, I love you like a daughter I never had. Be safe out there," she says handing me a locket.
"Marcus loves you too," she says. I hug her, she was like a second mom, well her and Marcus were a second family I'd take a bullet for.
"Good goodbye kiddo," she says as a tear rolls down her face.
"Good goodbye mom," I say hugging her tight.
She leaves Blake and I alone. I open the locket and inside is a picture of the very first picture we all took together and the last.

Blake and I left the club and I was happy he didn't say anything. We got into the car.

Ring ring

Rachel: what?
Chris: no hello?
Rachel: hello, what do you want?
Chris: I assume you got the package?
Rachel: (I look at Blake for confirmation and he nods yes) yes
Chris: open it.