Chapter 1: New Voices

Hello! This is my first Loki fic!

Just to let you know this is set way back before the avengers. About 7 years before. Thank you! And enjoy!

-

Ellesa-

I hooked my keys into the car. I twisted them angrily to the right and the engine started. The soft hum soothing my rage.

I had just gotten fired. I was an temp for a nice, polite guy. I thought he had liked me, but things don't always turn out as you want them to be.

I went into reverse, backing out of the yellow lined parking space. It was pouring rain. I reached for the knob to turn on the windshield wipers. I turned the knob and they began to slide swiftly back and forth.

I placed my free hand on the wheel and turned out of the parking lot of the life I was glad but angry to leave. I had a chance to start something new. It's just I never felt the urge to.

There was traffic. Not badly jammed, but still traffic. Horns of cars honked at each other. It's not like I'm going to move! People can be so annoying and clueless sometimes.

The cars moved slowly but surely up the slick, wet road. When I finally reached the stop light to turn left home, the traffic had been relieved.

I turned on the blinker to warn the cars of where I was going. I waited. And waited. I hated being patient. The arrow finally lit up.

I pressed my foot down on the accelerator and drove home. I need to lie down. Think. Rest.

I finally reached my apartment. I turned the keys out of the ignition and popped open the door to exit my dark green car.

I pulled the keys to my apartment out of my pea coat's pocket and searched for the house key. Once I found the bronze key, I reached my hand enclosed on the key out and inserted it into the knob.

I turned it and pushed the door open with my foot. It had always been hard to open. I closed the door behind me and locked it.

Finally. Home. I let out a sigh of relief and kicked off my flat soled boots. I took off my coat and threw it onto the couch.

Jogging to my room, I felt a tear fall from my cheek. Why was I crying? I wiped away the unreasonable tear away from my cheek.

I then removed my wet clothes and reached for my silky pajamas. I slipped on their soft material and climbed into my bed.

'Ellesa'

A voice had been talking in my head. It was a dark voice. Not of this world voice. How did I know that? I didn't know.

I didn't hear that voice again. I then shut my eyes and cuddled into the covers of my warm bed. Falling into a deep sleep. I felt as if I never wanted to wake up.