Chapter 19: Trees and Stuff

Loki--

I jolted awake again. It was never a pleasant feeling waking up like this. Waking up to fear. Lonliness. I was still at the black and empty desk. I must have feel asleep on it, for my neck was aching and the desk had a sweat imprint of the side of my face.

I got up from the green cushioned chair I was sitting on and looked at the state of myself in the mirror that was to my left. I looked absolutely terrible. My hair was still on black, wavy tangles. The plaid shirt I wore under the black sweater was exposed at the top of my right arm where I had ripped of one of my sleeves. My pants were bloodstained and ripped.

I walked into the bathroom where I needed to shower. I took off my disgusting clothes and turned on the faucet. Water poured lightly down, and I stepped in washing away all the dirt and blood that covered my knees. I ran my fingers through my hair backward and washed it.

When I was done, I stepped out and grabbed my black pants and long sleeved, green shirt. I reached for my leather and metal over cover and pulled it over my head. I next put on my long green cloak and put it under my shoulder leather so it hung down behind me.

I smiled emptily at the image of me that looked back. I ran my fingers back into my hair to smooth it out and walked out of my room into the castle to go and eat breakfast.

When I reached the giant dining room, I went to grab a lot of food because I was starving. Once I had gotten my food, I say down at a table alone. My brother, Thor, walked over to mean and sat across from me.

"Hello, brother," he began. "I see you are back! How was Midgard?"

I glared up at him as happily as I could.

"Oh," I said. "It was great. You know, trees and stuff."

"Trees and stuff? Oh, brother you amuse me highly. So, where is Ellesa?"

I knew the question would have to come by me. I had to tell him the truth. But then would he blame me?

"Oh, she decided to stay behind.." I lied.

"Oh she did?" Thor asked me.

"No... I'm sorry, but I can't tell you what happened." I got up and began to walk up before Thor grabbed my wrist. I turned and looked at him with tears in my eyes.

"Let go!" I whispered in a snake like tone.

"No, brother, I will not until you tell me!" Thor yelled.

Everyone was staring now.

"Fine, but not here. How about in the garden...."I stopped. No not there. Too many memories. "No, in the throne room at eleven tonight okay?"

"Okay."

And the rest of the day I dreaded telling him of what had happened. I couldn't bring it back up. Even her name brought me to tears. I felt vunerable. And I didn't like ot. At. All.

And at eleven I went into the throne ro and told Thor the whole story in the hellicarrier. He seemed sad for me as I let tears fall from my cheeks.

After we finished and said goodbye I went into my room and fell onto the bed falling instantly to sleep.