Chapter 29: Demarcus

Ellesa--

"Let him go!" I screamed at the boy. He looked so young. Too young to be causing so much trouble. But all this boy let put was a menacing laugh. It was full of insanity and rage. So much rage.

He laughed again. "And why would I do that?" The shifter smiled maniacally. He swept away his blue striped hair away from his green eyes with a flick of his head. Loki was still kneeling down with a knife at his throat. His strong jawline was set and his green eyes were screaming in silence. He sifted them to look at me. They showed a more softness when they met my blue eyes.

"Because," I began to answer carefully, trying not to shake. "I have an army."

"An army?" He laughed. "Well, I have my good looks you know. I also have my powers, my nightmares."

"Oh, cause you always had good looks," I chuckled out, crossing my arms trying to look and seem clever.

"I have!" He snapped in a conceited way. "But, your boyfriend here will have his covered in blood here in a moment."

"Was that a threat?" I said calmly.

"Oh no," he said. "No, no, no. It was a statement Ellesa." He smiled again, like a maniac.

"What do you want with me?" I asked him. "Why have you been following me and Loki around? Why?"

"Oh, well," he began calmly. He looked down at Loki. He pulled away his knife from his throat. He pulled him up as if Loki weighed as a feather. He then tilted his head sideways. "Because of you.

"Me?" I said in confusion. "Why me?"

"Because," Loki said. This was the first time he'd spoken since the apartment. "That is my son." He pointed to the shifter.

"He's your-your... What?" I said, feeling lightheaded and confused. Loki nodded with disappointment.

"But-but," I stammered. "What does that have to do with me?" I narrowed my eyebrows and rubbed my forehead, trying to rid of the lightheadedness.

"You!" The shifter yelled at me. "YOU, have been running around with my father and have been flirting and kissing and what not. It is disgusting! She is a mere mortal father! A mortal! Why would you? How could you betray our kingdom?!" His face was now red with rage.

"Our kingdom?!" Loki yelled in disbelief. "You were NEVER part of this kingdom. NEVER. I rid of you as a child. You were too much to bear. I couldn't see you, for you reminded me of our mother."

"FATHER!! LISTEN TO ME," the boy screamed. "I LOVED YOU. YOU LOVED ME. HOW COULD YOU EVER RID OF ME BECAUSE OF MY STUPID MOTHER WHO LEFT US. SHE LEFT US YOU OAF!! LIVE IN THE PRESENT! SHE. IS. GONE."

"Wait!" I yelled. "All of this over a mother? A broken family. You caused me and your father pain because of abandonment issues?" I looked at the shifter. His green eyes of his father looking back of me, full of tears.

"Yes," he whispered insanely.

"Please, Demarcus," Loki said calmly. "Calm down, we need to work this out together."

"Together?!" Demarcus exclaimed. "How can we?! How?! Tell me!"

I walked over to Demarcus and seized his knife carrying arm that was being raised. I looked at him dead in the eye. He nodded, hot tears showering his cheeks. I pulled his arm down and grabbed the knife from him, sticking it through my belt.

"Let's go work this put together," I said. "Demarcus, please know your father did everything he did out of love okay? He really did. Now, let's all calm down and go to the palace."

"Oh no," Demarcus said shakily bit casually. "That won't do you any good. I killed most that were there."

"And how many was that?" I said in a high, whimpering voice.

"Only about..." He said pretending to count sarastically. So much like Loki. "Only about, none."

"You've got to be joking," Loki said in a frustrated voice. "You stop this! Or you will be the one dead."

"LOKI!" I screamed at him. "No! This will not work out. Now grab Heimdall and let's go. We need to figure this out. And I do not want to have gone through al of this because of FATHER SON ISSUSE. If I do I will be so pissed off at you Demarcus."

"Aren't you already?" Demarcus replied with a vicious, mischievous smile.