Chapter 27: Difficult Now?

Loki--

This really just got harder. Where was he going to go next? Who would he impersonate? I wish I could wrap my mind around it. I rubbed my temples and tried to think who would want to mess with our minds..

"Loki," Ellesa began to say. "Who do you reckon is trying to mess with us?"

"I. Don't. Know." I said in a very frustrated and intimidating voice.

Ellesa narrowed her eyes and tilted her head sideways. She put and hand on my shoulder and turned me around.

"Don't get so frustrated," she began but I just felt like screaming. The rage was bubbling in my throat.

"HOW CAN I NOT?" I yelled at her, regretting it when I was done. I walked quickly to my room and left her in the living room. I slammed the door and screamed into a pillow.

'Pull yourself together!' I thought to myself.

I shook my head and threw my body onto my bed. I guess I was tired because I fell asleep instantly.

I dreamed of a never-ending pit. I was falling through it and being tricked by the one who shifted shapes. I couldn't wrap my thoughts around his image when they appeared. He messed with me as I saw Ellesa being stabbed over and over again by Thor. I saw my mother being murdered also. All the people I loved turning against me and dying at his very will. It needed to stop. Please. Stop.

And I woke up with a jolt. I heard a very quiet knock come to my door.

"Come in," I whispered breathlessly.

I saw a pair of blue eyes come nearer. It was Ellesa of course.

"Ellesa-" I said.

"No, it's fine," she interrupted. "I'm frustrated too."

"He's in messing with my dreams. Your dead again. And I just can't think what I would do if you were actually dead," I said to her.

"You'll be okay," she said, giving me a little kiss on the lips. I felt warmer on the inside and I smirked at I stood up.

"But, will I?" I asked her. She nodded and exited my room. I smirked again and took my armor off, replacing it with blue jeans and a black t-shirt.

I went out into the kitchen and found Ellesa not there. She was probably getting dressed. I got a glass of water and sat down. I grabbed a apple from a basket and took a bite out of it. It was perfect. I swallowed it and still wondered why Ellesa wasn't here yet. I didn't know how to use the appliances so I needed her to teach me or cook something.

I waited.

Ten minutes later I went into Ellesa's room to see what was happening. I went in and saw Ellesa on the floor, her eyes wide open. I fell to my knees next to her.

"No..." I whispered. A tear fell down my cheek. "No! No, no, no, no. Please, no. This isn't real." I cried even more.

"This isn't real." I kept telling myself.

"This isn't real."

"Isn't real." I said my hands grasping my head.

"NOT REAL."

"NOT REAL!!!" I yelled and felt a hand in my shoulder. A voice crying behind me. It was Ellesa.

"Ellesa?!" I gasped, bringing her into a hug.

"I know," She said. "I know."

"This ends now." I said walking out of the door.