Chapter 9: Blue Heart

Ellesa--

I was running in my dream. I didn't know why I was running or who I was running from. People of blue and cold ran toward me, fighting those clad in silver and gold. Draping capes flowing vigorously behind them.

I stopped in the middle of the icy blue and black frosted pathway. The figures chasing behind me drawing close. I closed my eyes and breathed in. Breathed out.

In.

Out.

In.

Out.

I opened my blue ice eyes and they weren't there anymore. The frozen tundra that I stood in was now a white room full of nothingness. But I was standing in a glass case.

It was hard to breath. I lungs screamed for air. I collapsed to the ground as my last breaths escaped but before I knew it i was falling.

Falling.

**********

My eyes opened wide as I woke up gasping for new air that I didn't need. I was asleep on a hard surface I wasn't on before with a clear screen with red lines spreading across it's border in a rush.

The white and black lines looked like my body but inside out. My rib cage showing and my heart and lungs. But, something was wrong.

My heart, it was.... Blue.

I widened my eyes at the image above but it disappeared as a man with a slight mustache and beard with burnt blonde hair came into the strange room.

He looks rather like a flirt. He smirked heartily at me as he sat in a chair next to me. Was this the man.... I think... If I can remember Fandral that saved my life?

"Erm," I said weakly. "Are you the man that saved my life?"

"Ah, so you know." He replied.

"Yes I know."

"Well then you are quite caught up here." He said wrapping his hands together.

"Am I really?"

"I cannot give you an answer to that miss."

"Well I guess people here are good at keeping themselves to that then."

"And how would you know that?"

"Because!"

"Why?"

"My HEART IS BLUE."

That had hit the spot. His eyes widened slightly at me. My pursed his lips in a angered but humored sort of way. He chuckled.

"What is so freaking funny!" I yelled at him. "This is nowhere near funny!" I breathed heavier.

"Well Ellesa, the thing is, our devices show all living organs as blue so we know where to locate the living ones, and the dead ones."

"Lies!"

"But it is true my lady."

"I can never believe you because I am not familiar with this technology."

"Fair enough!" He said with a hint of cleverness lingering in his words.

He smiled at me. I couldn't help but burst out laughing. He chuckled with me. When we finally calmed down he said goodbye to me and left.

I laid my head back and wished that Loki was here. I didn't know why, I didn't fancy him much, but did I?

Hm. I didn't know. I slung my legs to the side and detached the suction cups that were attached to my forearms. I slipped on my boots that were by the side of the bed or as I think of it as a piece of sidewalk.

I walked out into the gigantic halls. They were lined with golds and colors of many shades and colors. I spy around wanting to take everything in at once, but I couldn't. It was too big.

I jogged down the humongous corridors. I waved to guards that didn't wave back and even to people I didn't know. I was somewhere else. Somewhere new. Different. Nowhere near boring anymore.I felt free as if I was meant to be here.

I embraced the warm air coming through the windows as I ran down the great hall. People were sitting down at tables eating foods that would never be seen in London.

As I looked around and wasn't paying attention I ran into a metal bound, muscular figure.

He had a red bellowing cape, pure blind hair that curled slightly, and a tall, bulky figure that looked too full of itself.

This had to be the man that was in the room talking to the eye-patched man and Loki.

"Oh sorry," he said looking down at me apologetically. "Oh! You are the girl that Loki has brought to Asgard. I was told if you had awoken to take you to my father, Odin."

"Erm," I said. "Okay, take me to your father." I nodded at him and held my chin up to seem more bold and brave.

He blinked in a nod and walked quickly in front of me. I followed his waving red cape down countless corridors and halls till we met a gigantic doorway with handles almost as by as my head.

The blonde, I forget his name, pulled the door with his strong arms and led my into a enormous room that held a throne.

Loki, sat on the stairs and looked up. He smiled happily at me and quickly got up and ran to me.

I ran toward him without a thought. We both wrapped our arms tightly around each other.

"I was so afraid," he whispered into my ear. "I thought I would never see you again."

He hugged me tighter and I enjoyed his embrace. He set his head on my shoulder and let me go.

I didn't want him to let go. I wanted to stay in his arms.

"Well," said a unfamiliar voice. "I need to see this Midgard being so we can tell her about her dilemma."

"Dilemma?" I said with wide eyes.

"Yes," he said facing me on his throne looking at me with one eye. "Your heart, Ellesa.

My heart.

I knew it.

Fandral was lying.