Chapter 20: Burning Back

--Loki--

I woke up to a burning smell. I let out a tired breath through my nose and cracked open my eyes. I heard explosions and the terrifying screams of people. My curtains were burning and singeing by me. My bedpost was also catching fire and starting to creak.

I panicked and jumped out of my bed slipping on my black, laceless boots. I went to the door and bravely grabbed the hot knob. I yelled in agony as It burned my hand when I twisted it and ran out of my burning room. People were still running and screaming. They all looked like chickens with their heads cut off.

I went for my instincts and began to run yelling at people, "Hurry! Follow me!" And all of them did. I lead them through the burning halls and corridors of the Asgard palace. Many tripped and fell, but others helped them up.

We reached the front of the castle in about five minutes and I pushed them all put of the door. Some had calm faces, but most of them did not. We all ran toward the city that was also burning. Explosions were heard all around making my ears ring.

I saw ships flying overhead and a evil and enacting voice laughing in one of them, using a device to carry it all across Asgard. I thought I had recognized the voice of someone I had met, but I pushed the thought away and continued running. Many followed as if I knew what I was doing and I really didn't. Great.

I didn't know what to do. I had nothing in mind. I stopped and put my hands on top of my head, trying to clear it. I breathed in and out deeply trying to concentrate. And when I opened my eyes, a purple light was rushing around me and I blacked out instantly.

********

I didn't know what hit me, or where I was, but I needed to find out who did this to my home. Who would dare do this? I needed to find the person. They deserved to explain and be imprisoned for their actions.

'Okay, calm down,' I told myself silently. And I did. It was nearly dark in the room I was in. There were no widows to lighten it and it was cold and damp. I brought my arms close to me and tried to warm up on my leather, but it did not work.

I stood up and put my hands out like a blind man. Which in this case, I pretty much was. I found a door handle and I twisted it. It did not stop or hesitate so I pulled it open. The light in the next room that was next to me brightly turned on and I saw a man standing in the middle of the room. He had blue skin and red eyes. His brown hair was barley visible for it probably had disappeared.

I knew I recognized the man, but I couldn't make it out. Maybe if I talked to him..

"Nice place you've got here," I started clearing my throat.

The man chuckled, "Thank you, I like it too myself, Loki." He smiled at me and shut his eyes tightly making himself turn back into a normal colored human being. His brown hair now back on his head.

Now I knew who it was. But, why?

Why him?

Why here?

Why now?

Ellesa's father, was the man that stood in front of me.

"Is she dead?" I asked him very suddenly.

"Afraid I can't tell you that, son."

"Yes you can. It's either a simple yes or no. Not much effort if you tell me."

"Oh but it is," he said walking over to a green button and pushing it. "You see, I thought if you thought Ellesa was dead, you would go home and move on. You did go home, but you did anything put move on."

Where the green button was a for slid up and I saw an alive body that hand brown hair and the bluest eyes in front of me. She was lying on the floor with tape on her mouth.

"Ellesa?" I said, my throat choking up.

She nodded. Her curly hair was ratted and in her face, but she couldn't move it, for her hands we chained and cuffed.

Tears fell down her red cheeks and tears fell down my pale ones. I stared at her until George pushed me down and bound my hands with a cord.

"Bye," he said with a humored tone on his voice. "Have fun on your date!" He walked out and the door locked.

"Ellesa?" I said in a weak voice. Her head perked up and she looked at me with happy eyes. They were letting out pools of tears. I tried as hard as I could to get closer to her, but I couldn't. I needed my hands.

"I'll get us out of here," I said. "I promise."