Chapter 22: Super Waffles

Ellesa--

I woke up in my bed, covered by three blankets. I hadn't remembered falling asleep there at all. Loki must have put me there. I shoved the blankets off my sweaty body. I ran my fingers through my disgusting hair and went into the bathroom.

I turned on the shower water and slipped of my dirty clothes. I put then aside and stepped in, washing off the dirt and blood from my cuts off of my legs and arms.

When I was done I wrapped a towel aroundp me and put on my clothes. I put on a green tee and basketball shorts. I pulled my hair into a ponytail, my hair curling. My bangs hung out of the ponytail.

I went into Loki's room. He stayed in the guest's room I kept. He was still in his leather and metal. Must have been so sleepy to forget. He looked so cute in his sleep. His face looked unworried. He looked so peaceful.

I went up to him and poked him with two fingers on his arm. He didn't wake. I poked harder and he jolted up, which made me squeal.

He looked at me.

"I'm so sorry," he said rubbing his face with his bony hands.

"No," I said. "It's fine. I was going to make breakfast and was wondering what you want."

He shrugged. "Whatever you think is best," he said.

"Okay," I said. "Just be out in the kitchen when I'm finished cooking."

He nodded and I left. I grabbed eggs and bacon. While I cooked them I also cooked waffles. I mixed the batter and placing it into my Superman waffle maker. I finished the eggs and fixed two plates of Bacon, Eggs, and Superman waffles. When I turned around, Loki was there.

"Oh my gosh," I said in a gasp, almost dropping the food.

He chuckled.

"I knew I was intimidating," he began. "But not that intimidating."

"I was just surprised, that's all," I said laughing with him as we ate our breakfast.

We are for a while in silence until I spoke, "These are some super waffles!" I punned

"Erm... I don't understand," Loki said.

"This is a sign of hope," I said. "From the Planet Krypton that Clark Kent, a.k.a. Superman, lived until it was destroyed. So I punned these are some super waffles!"

He finally got it after I explained it for the third time, getting more detailed each time I explained, he laughed for a whole good two minutes.

I laughed at him and we smiled at each other when we were out of breath.

I didn't want this morning to ever end.