Chapter 9

The guys and I stared in silence look at the girl for a few seconds, but in the middle of the process I lost my grip on Ghoul and he fell face first on the ground. And then Kobra must have pulled on Jet's hair to hard because the comb hit the wall with hair covering a piece of gum. Even Poison and Bandit stopped, mid-singing.

The girl looked at us disapprovingly, well she was looking at the boys, but her eyes showed a glimmer of amusement. "I'm gone for two weeks and you guys still haven't been able to take care of yourselves." She walked in.

"G-grace!" Poison stuttered.

"Ha! Try to take my magazines now!" Ghoul said as he started to get up. But Grace's attention wasn't on them. It was on me and Bandit. "Who are they?" Grace asked.

"Uh," Poison said "They are survivors from the Fire and their old killjoy group died, so I decided Neon Lightning, the girl with the highlights in her hair, could stay here. And the little adorable girl is my daughter Bandit."

Grace's eyes widened in shock. "YOU HAVE A DAUGHTER???"

"I'm glad I'm not out of the loop." I muttered. The guys already seemed to know Bandit was Poison's daughter. At the sound of my voice, Grace's attention was immediately turned on me. She grinned. "Hi. My name is Grace. The Fabulous Killjoys had taken care of me after my mom went missing. It's nice to meet you, Neon Lightning."

Normally, I hate being nice. But she was a child and The Fabulous Killjoys knew her. I smiled back. "Nice to meet you too, Grace."

Bandit ran behind Poison and hugged his waist. Poison chuckled. "It's okay, Bandit. Grace is a friend."

Then, surprisingly, Grace when up to Bandit, but made sure there was a healthy distance between them. "Hello, Bandit. I'm Grace. Don't worry, I won't let anyone hurt you."

I winced at that. One night, I was on watch to make sure no intruders went inside of our hide out. Bandit woke up from a nightmare. I had her come sit on my lap and tell me what was wrong. She said that in her nightmare, Rose -Dusty Rose- had died and left her. I hugged Bandit and kissed her forehead, promising her I wouldn't let anyone take or hurt her. Then the Fire happened. I was knocked unconscious. When I woke up, Bandit was gone.