Chapter 17

I felt my face heat up. "Yes, Poison? What is it?"

Party Poison averted his eyes to the ground. "Well Neon, I-"

"AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! HOLY FUCKING SHIT! THEY'RE AFTER ME!!!!" Ghoul ran into the garage and slammed the door behind him. Fists were pounding on the door. "Ghoul, get out of there or I swear to God I'm going to rip up every one of your magazines!" Grace's voice yelled through the door.

Poison studied Ghoul with concern. "What's wrong Ghoul?"

"He stole my headphones!" Grace yelled.

"And he ate the last cookie!" Bandit whined.

I rolled my eyes. Just when Poison was about to confess something to me, Ghoul had to ruin it with his child-like attitude. Why didn't I see this coming? "Ghoul, why would you do that?" I asked.

Ghoul removed the headphones from his vest. "Ok, while Grace and the others were helping Bandit get up, I noticed Grace's headphones were screwed up, so I decided to fix them."

"You should have asked first, you dumbass!" Grace shot back.

Ghoul ignored her. "As for the cookie, I didn't even know Bandit knew there were cookies. I didn't even know she knew that was the last one!"

I sighed and folded my arms. "Where's Jet and Kobra?"

Just as I asked, the garage door lifted. Jet and Kobra walked through, Kobra shutting the door behind them. "Ghoul, what is wrong with you? You can't lock little girls outside the door!" Jet said. "That's messed up."

Kobra shoved Ghoul out of the way and opened the door to let Grace and Bandit through. Grace snatched her headphones back from Ghoul and Bandit stuck her tongue out at him.

Poison smiled as he picked up Bandit. "That's my daughter."

Poison glanced at me. "Sorry, Neon. We'll finish that conversation another time."

Ghoul looked at me. "Oh, sorry. Did we interrupt anything?"

Instead of telling the truth, I looked away and said "No. Everything's fine."

Night has fallen so we had to drop off Grace at Dr. Death's early to make sure there weren't any dangers lurking in the desert. Instead of eating dinner with everyone, I sat down in front of the diner, watching the sky darken outside and looking at shooting stars.

Someone had sat down next to me, which startled me. Naturally, it was Poison. He smiled. "Hey, we never got to finish our conversation."

I gave him a weak smile. "You probably don't want to tell me anymore."

Poison shook his head. "Not true. Anyway Neon, let me cut to the chase." His hazel eyes locked into my (e/c) ones.

"Neon, I like you."