Chapter 22

I took a breath. "Look, Bandit. When the Fire happened mommy, Adrenaline, and everyone else was sent to a safe place. A place where they are safe from BL/I."

"Oh." Bandit said. "Then why aren't we there?"

"Because," I said. "We still need to be here. We need to get rid of BL/I once and for all. For mommy, The Idiotic Killjoys, everyone."

"Then when can I see mommy?"

Gerard put Bandit down and put his hands on her shoulder. "Sweetie, mommy is gone from here."

"Is mommy dead?" Bandit asked. She said it so calmly, yet so sad.

Gerard hesitated. "Even though she's not here, she is always in here." He pointed at Bandit's chest to where her heart is. "She is not gone from us."

"Besides," I said. "You've got me, your daddy, your uncles, Grace, and everyone else who cares about you. So don't worry."

Bandit gestured for me to crouched down and when I did she put here arms around my neck. I picked her up and looked at Gerard. "We should probably head back to the diner now."

Gerard nodded. "Frank is probably horny right now."

Random Pov

Frank claimed on Mikey's back and started to hug him. "Frank, what the actual fuck are you doing?" Mikey asked. "In case you are wondering, I am not a plastic dinosaur."

Frank smiled. "I know, but I can't help it. You smell like Gee."

Mikey rolled his eyes. "Get a girlfriend, Frank."

"I do." Frank replied. "I just met her yesterday. She's another killjoy. Her name is Ice Flames. She's soooo hot. Get it?"

Mikey sighed. "Unfortunately, I do." But Mikey couldn't help wondering how Frank met this girl just yesterday and how they started dating. Mikey has never even heard of her. And Battery City is small and he knows almost everybody.