Chapter 32

I sat outside, enjoying the breeze that flowed through my hair. The sun was setting, meaning I was going to have to go back inside soon. I grabbed a handful of sand and let it flow through the my fingers. So this is where it's going to end, huh? My death by BL/ind. They wanted me dead to since I was involved with the Fabulous Killjoys. I hugged my knees to my chest, listening to the sound of the desert. I heard the diner door's bell ring and someone sat next to me. "You alright?" Mikey sat next to me, crossing his legs.

I put my hand down and looked at him. "Yeah, it's just...I don't get why people can't just live in peace. Like, what did we ever do to deserve this? Why does BL/I hate us? I just wish things can go back to they way they were. Where there was no BL/ind, no Scarecrows, no Draculoids, and my friends would still be alive."

"Yeah, I wish things were like that too. But you have Gerard. You have me, Frank, and Ray." Mikey went on when I didn't say anything back. "I wish me and the guys were still in the band. Going on tours, meeting fans, playing music. But BL/I took that away from us. But I got something good out of it: family. Sure I lost a lot of people, but I gained you, Bandit, Grace, Dr. Death, everyone. So that's something I don't regret."

I looked at him. "How could you be so positive at a time like this?"

Mikey looked up at the sky. "I don't know. I think it was Gerard. He and I suffered from depression, but after a while he just got...stronger. He's been smiling a lot more, making a lot of jokes, looking on the bright side of things. And of course Gerard is my older bro, so I look up to him."

I cracked a smile. "Gerard's great."

Mikey softly grinned. "Yeah. We're so lucky to have him."

"Aw, you guys really think that about me?"

Mikey and I turned around and Gerard was standing at the door holding Bandit in his arms. He came over to sit down on the other side next to me. "How long were you standing there?" I asked.

"Long enough to hear Mikey talking about family. You guys are so sweet. I'm the lucky one to have you all in my lives. If it weren't for you two, Frank, Ray, or Bandit, I might still be sad."

"Don't be sad, daddy. Heroes don't cry." Bandit said, grinning up at him.

Gerard kissed her forehead. "You're my little hero." But I swear, Gerard looked like he was about to cry. He looked at me and sure enough, his eyes were glistening. I smiled at him and kissed him. He kissed back and put held my chin, pulling me closer to him. I put my arms around his neck, deepening the kiss.

"Guys, there is a minor here." Mikey reminded us. Bandit was propped on Gee's leg and was staring at us. We pulled back and Gerard smiled at Mikey. "I'm sorry, Mikey. I didn't know that you were to young for something like this."

Mikey frowned, but smiled. A full in smile. A smile so rare known in the history of Mikey Way. He pulled us in for a hug. "I never want to let you guys go."