Chapter 37

A week has passed since the Korse incident. I stopped wearing his ring, but I never threw it out much to Gerard's dismay. Drac activity has gone down in every Zone except for 6. Activity is actually increasing here. Show Pony will stop by once in while to give us updates on Bandit. Today we decided that since Zone 6 has the most activity that we will all patrol there. We took the Trans-Am, which Frankie was excited about. Unfortunately, there was little space so Frank had to sit in the trunk, which he was not excited about.

"Guys, I'm not even the smallest! I'm not 4'9" anymore! I'm pretty sure Grace is though." Frank complained from all the way in the back.

Gerard just turned up the music which was connected to my iPod. Whore (lol, help I'm obsessed with Get Scared) started playing and Gee glanced over at me. "Those are some interesting lyrics."

I laughed. "Yeah, um, I liked it whenever Get Scared talked dirty."

"Then you need to listen to DESTROYA." Ray said.

"What, why?"

Ray and Frank snickered from the back while I just sat there with a perplexed look on my face. We patrolled around the zone some more and we came across a whole lot of Dracs. We all went out to kill them but there was a lot and they were too strong for us. Mikey was the first one to collapse on the ground, then Frank, then Ray, then me and Gerard. I watched through lidded eyes as Korse took hold of Grace.

"Keep. Running." He growled at us while Grace struggled to get out of his grip. Then everything faded to black.

I woke up in the Diner on a booth. I sat up and saw Frank, Mikey, and Gerard passed out on, the other booths. I saw Ray putting some cloths in a bucket of water. Ray noticed that I was awake and rushed to me. "Hey, careful. Don't get up so fast. You'll get a headache."

"What happened?" I asked groggily.

"We lost Grace to Korse. We all black out from lack of strength so when I woke up I took us all back to the diner. And can I just say thank god we brought the car or else I would have had to carry you all back one by one."

"Wait, so Korse took Grace?"

"Yes. We'll have to get her back."

I looked at Gerard. He was out cold, his mouth slightly open as his body rose and fell from each breath he took. He was probably unconscious, but other than that he was fine. I looked to Ray again. "When the soonest they'll recover?"

Ray shrugged. "Probably a couple more minutes. You were out for two hours. Here, come help me put these cool cloths on their heads."

Ray and I finished putting the cloths on them and I kneeled next to Gerard's head, stroking his hair. He looked so peaceful, despite the fact that he just got knocked out. I kissed Gerard's cheek and leaned back when I noticed his eyelids flutter open. He smiled when he saw me. "Hey."

I smiled back. "Hey." I helped Gerard sit up and me and Ray gave him a rundown of what happened. Gerard's facial expressions kept changing as we told him what happened.

"We have to get her back." Gerard said.

"All in good time." Ray said. "But we should probably recover first. Mikey and Frank aren't doing so hot right now. But when we're ready, we'll kick BL/i's ass."