Chapter 39

We were in the car right now. Tonight is the night. Right now is the time. We are the Fabulous Killjoys and- "We're getting fucked in the ass." Frank finished his joke to the guys. Nobody was laughing and I wasn't paying attention so Frank shut up.

Gerard sighed. "I'm sorry Frankie. Right now is just super important. We need to get Grace back and shut down BL/i before they pull off any more crazy shit."

I gazed out the window of the passenger's seat. We were driving in a tunnel as BL/i's slogan and logo flashed on the wall. There was a sentry with a Drac standing guard. "Uh, Gerard. Maybe you should slow down?"

Gerard ignored me and actually sped up. He ended up running over the Drac and broke through the gate. Or not, I thought.

We eventually made it to BL/ind headquarters and we exited he car. We all looked at the  building. "Okay, here's the plan..." Gerard said without taking his eyes off the building.

Gerard and I spotted Grace through the glass. She was sitting next to a Japanese lady and  was nowhere to be seen. Gerard and I exchanged glances and nodded. I broke through the glass and started shoot and whatever I could while Gerard went to go grab Grace. I tried to aim for the Asian lady but she managed to escape. The room was cleared.

I knelt down next to the pair as Gerard was embracing Grace. "Oh my god, you're okay."

"Thank you." She whispered. Grace looked over at me and hugged me too. I sat there, shocked, but I hugged her back anyway.

"Alright, let's go." Gerard said. "The other guys are executing the rest of the plan. To shut down BL/i once and for all."

We met up with the rest of the guys and I found out that the Crows were released. Frank, Mikey, and Ray were all slaying them bitches and we joined in, trying to protect Grace from the chaos. I spotted Korse and he was dodging ever laser bullet gracefully. The bastard.

I noticed that Gerard was going after him. "Gerard, no!" But my voice was drowned out by all the fighting. I tried to push my way there but I kept getting blocked by some dumb Crow. "Goddamnit, move!" I shot the damned thing in the head.

I peered through the battlefield and saw Korse holding a gun up to Gerard's chin. "NO!" I screamed and shoved my way over there.

But it was too late.

I watched, terrified as Gerard's body hit the ground. Korse left us alone with a smirk on his face. I knelt down next to Gerard's limp body. "Gee, baby, no. Please...stay with me."

His hazel eyes fluttered open. There was blood on his face, but he was smiling. I felt something cool press into my hand. "(y/n)...I...love you..." His eyelids shut slowly and his head fell over to one side. I choked on my tears as I clutched the item that he gave me. I didn't have much time to grieve because I felt a pair of hand hold me up.

"(y/n), we gotta get out of here." It was Ray. "Frank can't hold them off forever."

I looked at him. He looked worried and Grace was clutching on to him. "Wha-where's Mikey?"

Ray gulped. "Korse...Korse killed him. Mikey is dead."

For an instant I felt like crying again, but that sorrow was soon placed by rage. "That stupid motherfucker! First he kills my friends and now he's killing my family? He must pay!"

Ray clutched my arm. "No! We have to get out of here! We need to get Grace to safety."

I sighed. He was right. I looked and I saw Frank. He was actually doing a great job of killing them. I looked and Ray and nodded. "Let's go."

We ran out the exit, but I hesitated. Frank was outnumbered. When Ray noticed, he pulled me along. "Don't worry. We'll save ourselves. He'll hold them back." We ran out the exit, dodging bullets. I looked to see how Frank was doing and I gasped when I saw him stumble and fall. That's when I heard Ray grunt. He held his bloody hand over his chest.
"Ray!" I gasped.

Ray looked at me. "Go." He grunted. "Take Grace. There's a van with Show Pony and his friends. Take her there." Ray fell on the floor. I looked at Grace. Horror was filled in her eyes. I grabbed her by the arm as I tried not to cry and we ran. We ran until I saw the van that Ray was talking about. Show Pony opened the door to let us in. "Alright, Grace, go!" I guided her to the van. But then I felt a sharp pain in my chest. I've been shot.

"(Y/N)!" Grace screamed. But Show Pony picked her up and put her inside the van where other killjoys were. I knew that's where she'd be safe. Her and Bandit. I saw Grace's scared face before everything faded to black.