Chapter 30

Ray was making breakfast on the stove and Frank was out on the garage tinkering with some things. Mikey came out of his room and yawned. He frowned when he saw me and Gerard. "Dude, everyone could hear what you guys were up to last night."

I blushed but Gerard shrugged. "Where else could we have done it?"

"He's got a good point." Ray called over his shoulder.

Grace looked up from the magazine she was reading. "Gerard and (y/n) had sex?'

"What's sex?" Bandit asked Gerard.

Gerard put Bandit in his lap. "It's what two people do when they love each other very much."

Bandit smiled. "And you love Neon very much?"

Gerard grinned at her. "I love Neon more than very much." He smiled up at me and I smiled back. Bandit sighed. "This is the cutest thing ever."

Me, Gerard, Ray and Mikey laughed. But then it got more serious when Grace asked when me and Gerard are going to get married. "Marriage?" I asked.

Grace shrugged. "Yeah, you know. A commitment. Taking each other in sickness and in health."

Gerard scratched his head. "Well, (y/n) and I have only been dating for almost a day."

"Sex on the first date?" Ray asked. "Nice."

Grace shrugged. "I don't know. I mean, people make a huge deal about sex before marriage."

"Yeah, well, (y/n) and Gerard are different from other people." Mikey pointed out.

"Yeah." Bandit agreed. "And it's true love."

"Hey, how long has Frank been out in the garage?" Gerard asked.

"Frank?" Ray looked at the clock. "About three hours." It's 10:43 right now.

Gerard sighed. "I'll go check up on him."

I held Gerard's arm and pushed myself out of my chair. "No, I will. You stay with Bandit. You've barely spent a lot of time with her." Before anyone could protest, I went into the garage. Frank was fiddling with a ray gun. "Frank? You okay?"

Frank looked up at me. "Yeah. Just upgrading my stuff."

I frowned. I didn't Frank very well personally, but I could tell he was lying. Then the truth hit me. "You knew me and Gerard had sex."

Frank hesitated. "I loved Gerard. I'm not sure  if he returned my feelings for me or if that stuff we did on stage was just for the crowd. But when he was with Lindsey, I felt crushed. So then I met someone new. Jamia. She was amazing, but then she was actually using me. And then I feel horrible for saying this, but when Lindsey died I was actually relieved and thought I had a chance with Gerard."

"But then he met me." I said starting to understand a little.

"Don't get me wrong, (y/n). I don't hate you. You're actually awesome and in a few ways  just like me. But if you and Gerard never met, he and I probably would have had a chance."

I automatically put my hand on Frank's shoulder. "Look, Frank, Gerard told me he liked you. More than a friend. He actually told me that you're hot. Why Gerard picked me, I'm not sure. I'm sure if he hadn't found me he'd be dating you right now. But no one can control fate. But Frank Iero, I promise you that you will find love."

Frank was silent for a while until he stood up to face me. Or, at least to see me. "You're right, (y/n). There are plenty of fish in the sea. And one day I will catch that fish." He stood on his tiptoes and kissed my cheek. "Thank you."