Chapter 5 - stop doing that

***Murphy’s POV***

She honestly looked fine. I mean she walked up the stairs, which is difficult if one has been shot and to make it worse is the realisation that she actually was able to continue with the wound for however long she did. That right there shows she is used to these situations and that this wasn’t the first time she has been shot.

When I hugged her from behind and felt some warm liquid it took me a while to realise that this liquid was in fact blood.

“Don’t call the ambulance.”  When Blair said those four words, I knew that she was about to pass out, it was easy to tell because of how her voice got quieter and quieter as she spoke. She knew she was going to pass out, I knew it, Smecker knew it, Greenly and even Conner knew it. I stayed close to her and just as her body fell forward I wrapped my arms around her waist pulling her to me, almost hugging her to my chest as I moved her body around in such a way it would be easier to carry her. I put her on Conner’s bed gently and turned around.

“So what do we do?” I asked the other three men. I then thought I should put pressure on her wound so I tried to just that but it was difficult to tell because she was wearing black and I don’t know where the bullet hole was, so I lifted her shirt and asked Conner to grab me a towel from the bathroom, he did that and threw at me, I caught it and put it on her wound putting a decent amount of pressure.

“I don’t know Murph.” I heard Conner say.

“Well figure something out quickly, before she fecking dies!” I snapped. I didn’t mean to snap at my brother but I guess I felt a real strong connection with this beautiful woman. I stared at her face and remembered when I first saw in that “meeting” with the rest of the Swedish mob. She looked so out of place but at the same time she looked like she belonged there. Hell, this was only yesterday but here I am gobbing off like it was years ago. But when we kicked the door down, I looked at who we were facing and how many people, and then I noticed her. She wasn’t tall by any means, hell she was actually damn short (Dynamite comes in small packages as my mum would always say), her hair was tied up in a high pony tail, almost like those cheerleaders in school, but her pony tail didn’t end at the nape of her neck, nope, it was down just below her breasts, I could see that she also used a clip to keep her fringe out of her eyes, the only reason it was noticeable was because it was dyed blue and there were bits falling in her face that she didn’t really seem to notice, that or she just gave up trying to keep in one spot. Then my eyes travelled down her body she was wearing a black top that split near her bottom rib showing off her flat stomach, and her V-line and she wore black skinny jeans that hugged her arse. I had to stop looking at her and focus at the task at hand, killing the mob boss and his little gang members, “Mind the girl… she looks scared.” I said to Conner and he gave a slight nod that was barely noticeable and we started shooting.

“You have got to be fucking kidding me!” as she looked at all the men that were now dead, she looked furious to say the least but I ignored her for the time being and looked at our main target who was now pushed onto his knees before we shot him.

“Any last words?” Con asked.

“Yes a couple.”

“Go on and say it then, before we send you ta whatever god ya like” Con said once again.

He looked to Blair and said something in Swedish (I think) and she replied. I didn’t even imagine that she was his daughter, they looked NOTHING alike. He was blonde, she was brunette, he had green eyes she had blue, he was tall, she was short. Her eyes were glassy and one tear dropped out of her eye, I think, I wasn’t sure because I pulled the trigger and she just sat there.

“Lass, ya are okay now” I said to her looking into her dark blue eyes that had hints of yellow in them. “Thank you… for saving me” she sounded sincere then but now I knew it was all just a lie.