Chapter 15 - Altar boys

We were all sitting around a table, I was on Murphy’s lap because he insisted and sort of forced me down onto his lap, the twins had some coffee and I had some tea and Rocco had nothing. I decided last night I’d apologize to Rocco, we are in this together so we need to stop fighting so much.

“Alright let’s talk business here.” Rocco said but I cut him off.

“Look although my wounds from last night haven’t stopped bleeding completely –“

“What?” Murphy asked and squeezed my hips slightly tighter.

“You heard me Murph. Anyways I’m willing to put it behind us because for now we are working together… And as we work together I am not going to fight with you because we are on the same side until I fight alongside my mob then I can kill any one of you. Got it?” They nodded but the twins smirked knowing I would never kill them.

“I can agree to that.” Rocco said and stuck his hand out o me and I shook it with a vice like grip, “Fuck that hurt!” He yelled.

“You need a strong grip in my industry.” He nodded.

“Which wound hasn’t stopped bleeding Blair?” Murphy asked and I lifted my top slightly to show him the cut on my back.

“No, you’re not using anything to burn the wound closed.

“We have ta Blair.” I sighed and nodded, Conner ran to get the iron and brought it back and turned me around to face him as he restrained me of movement, “Roc, we need help to cover her mouth.”

“It’s fine. Don’t you dare touch me.” I glared at him and he back away, “Okay, I’m ready Conner.” I turned to look at him and he nodded.

“Sorry Blair.” Murphy and Conner said at the same time, I nodded and got ready for the pain as soon as the iron touched my back I got my arms free of Murphy and wrapped my arms around him and gripped his hair, no word uttered  from me. when they were done they wanted to put a bandaged on but I just grabbed a cool gel pad and put told them to put that on instead.

“Can’t believe ya were silent through tha’ whole thing.”

“Yea, I just grit my teeth.” They nodded but I could sense they said so do we.

Rocco continued with his business proposal as I sat on Murphy’s lap again. “Look, I know this sick fuck who makes they guys we been doing look like altar boys.” I felt Murphy put a cigarette in his mouth so I held my hand out to him and he put one in my hand and lit it for me. “Worst night of my life when I met this guy, guy never says a fucking word to me, been driving for twenty-five fucking minutes. Never a sigh or a throat clearing, nothing. His face... blank, man. Just nothin' there. This guy takes out a whole family… wife, kids, everyone... like he's ordering a fucking pizza. I knew if I didn't keep it together, it was my ass.  He has a poker game outback of his place... with a bunch of wise guys every Saturday.  Worst day of my life, man.”

“Well, I’m sold.” Murphy said and Conner nodded and I could feel them look at me asking me for my opinion.

“You’re INSANE!” I said and stood up when I yelled insane, “Man’s a fucking legend. He’s done shit for me!” all the guys jaws basically dropped open.

“Who did he kill for you?” Rocco asked.

“A family… Mom, Dad, two teenagers and a baby… I didn’t want him to kill the kids, just the parents. But no, he wouldn’t allow that. He still got paid, he did after all kill those who needed to be killed… I ain’t giving you the reason so don’t ask… Fine, let’s do it. but I’m not killing him, even if he kills me or uses me as hostage.” They nodded but Murphy didn’t look at all happy with the decision.