Chapter 10 - can i get a break?

When we got to the hospital I was rushed into ICU, even though I said I could wait for those who were in front of me to go first, but Murphy, Conner and Smecker were not having that because of me looking like absolute shit according to Conner. I must remember to thank him and say sorry for smacking him on the head for that comment.

“Are you her father?” the doctor asked Smecker.

He laughed, “No, I’m just the officer who was on the scene and she’s a family friend.” The doctor nodded and looked at Conner and Murphy.

“Are you her brothers?” he asked them.

“No! but this here.” Conner said patting Murphy’s back, “Is her boyfriend.”

“Okay, well then you can come on through sir.” The doctor said to Murphy. Murphy smirked and I know it was because he was called sir and I as we walked away from the boys we heard Conner bark with laughter and I looked over my shoulder, “Doc! HE’s anything but a Sir!”

After multiple tests and x-rays the doctor came back with results, “Unfortunately, there’s only one thing we can do at this point.” He looked at Murphy and I with worry on how we were going to take the news. Murphy squeezed my hand tighter.

“I swear Murph, your more nervous than I am.”

“Aye, probably because I am.” I looked at the doctor and nodded.

“The way your rib is hanging and the state it is in. it’s not going to be able to fix itself.” 

“Shit! I have a job to perform where I need to be able to move!” Murphy squeezed my hand tighter and I looked up to him and his face said calm down. So I tried to calm down.

“Well, we can remove the two bottom ribs and then you’ll be two ribs short but it’s completely safe and you are able to still move, ff anything you’ll be able to be more flexible.” He winked at Murphy, oh God; the doctor is a sick pervert.

“And how long is the expected recovery time from the removal?”

“Maximum eight weeks. And you also need that stab wound to heal which should take a month.”

“Fine… when can you do this operation?”

“Tomorrow night. You can eat and drink until eight tomorrow morning. I’d prefer if you stayed in the night, we’ll get you out of this ward an-“

“I want a private ward. So my idiot can be with me.” I said gesturing to Murphy.

“Take it ya agree with Con, and accepted being my girlfriend finally.” I blushed and hid behind my hair.

“Shut up.” I grumbled.

“So tha’s a yes.” I just nodded.

“We’ll give you our biggest private ward and then all your friends can be in the ward at the same time.”

“Thank ye.”

“OH MY Goodness! She sounded Scottish!” Murphy said with sarcasm laced in his tone. I just rolled my eyes at him.

“Okay let’s get you into that ward. It’s very expensive.”

“It’s fine, I got the money.” The doctor nodded and organised people to wheel me to the ward, Murphy went off to tell the others and then came back just as some nurses started moving me. I was gripping the sides of the bed really tight and my eyes were closed

“Oh come on Blair!” I heard Conner’s voice, “Surely this ride can’t be worse than the one Murphy would give ya.”

“Shut up Conner!” I spat. As Murphy said, “I’ll beat ya up, ya fecker.”

The Saints and the sinister "Angel" (BDS/ Murphy Macmanus)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara