Why do I feel bad?

Today we strike the Russian mafia leader. Everything was settled, we knew he was going to be there. First me and Loredana would get inside so there would be no suspicions while our mans put the bomb in his car.
Than the Russian mafia boss and the Italian families will have a poker game and talk. The moment one of ours wins the game the bomb will be activated sending the message to the Russian mafia boss. Our people were prepared for anything necessary. And of curse for safety reasons me and Loredana will leave before the game begins.

I see Domenico getting ready. He had a small Gucci bag with some money inside, a gun and a silencer.

"What is all this for?"-I ask him.

"The money is to buy chips for the game and the rest well.. to be prepared."-he says not lifting his eyes from the bag.

I have never been afraid of guns, but looking at it now made me have a bad feeling. This is indeed a dangerous enemy.

I was starting to get ready. I put on my Ellie Saab dress, curl my hair and do my makeup I put on red lipstick, winged eyeliner and mascara. I also put on only my ruby ring keeping it simple.

"It's time!"-Loredana says as we go out and get to the car

*******************************************************************************

We get inside the casino and go to the bar attender to order a drink. I ordered a Martini and sat in a chair.

Minutes passed a I was getting inpatient when someone enters inside the building. The man had blonde hair and blue eyes and was wearing a tuxedo.

"He is the Russian mafia boss."-Loredana says.

"Well than I think it's time for us to leave."-I say to her.

"No not yet, not before we get the call that the plan is ready to be executed."-she says taking a sip from her drink.

Suddenly the Russian boss looks at me and comes close to us.

"Beautiful lady would you like to join me in my table?"-The Russian boss says taking my hand and looking me in the eye.

The man is very handsome and looks surprisingly charming and nice, if I wouldn't have known that he kills people like flies I might have believed his fake smile and kindness.

In that moment the Italian bosses come inside and I saw Domenico. The Russian boss was facing me so he couldn't see him. Domenico looked at us and he clenched his jaw. I knew what that movement meant. He was mad.

My phone buzzes and I open it to reveal the signal we need:
"Leave. NOW!"

"I apologize, but we must go now."-I say and grab my purse.

We get out of the casino and head towards our car.
___________________________________________________________

Maybe when I was in there I was a bit anxious, but now.. Now it's far more worse.
I keep wondering myself what is going on. How is the plan going. I have a feeling in my chest, a bad feeling. It's torturing me. It is 2:15 AM and still no sign of them.

Wait... I can hear engines and voices.

"Let's get them inside!!"- I hear someone say.

The door opens revealing Don Piemonte, Capone, Ret, Fortunato and Michaelson with all of their mans. Some were injured. What happened?

Than my mouth makes that cursed mistake and speaks without thinking:"Where is Domenico?"

In that moment some people bring inside an unconscious Domenico. Bloody was dripping from above his left hip.

"What happened to him?"-I say raising my voice.

"There was a fire exchange and he got injured."-Don Piemonte says.

"He got shot and was loosing a lot of blood he had to retreat, but he didn't wanted to. He seemed so angry, like he wanted to kill all of them."-Dario says holding his bleeding arm.

"Than why are we standing here let's take him to the hospital?"-I say.

"No cara we can't do that. The medics are going to call the police and there are going to be a lot of questions, the media is also going to be there. We can't allow that."

"Than what are we supposed to do? Let him bleed to death?"

"I called my personal doctor he is on his way. We are going to cure him here"

After that the bell rings and the doctor comes in.

"Upstairs."-Don Piemonte says.

The doctor goes upstairs leaving us waiting there.

God I feel horrible. Why? Why should I? He killed my father, my hopes, my freedom. He was the man who took everything from me. Yet my chest burns every time I picture him in my mind like that. I shouldn't, but why do I feel so bad?...
____________________________________________________________

The doctor comes downstairs.
"How are they?"-Don Piemonte asks.

"They are all ok. It was kind of hard to stabilize Don Del Vecchio because of his blood loss and the difficult place he was shot, but he is ok now. He is a strong man. As soon as he regains consciousness you can see him."-The doctor says.

"Thank you doctor for your help."-says Don Piemonte accompanying the doctor to the door.

He is okay. I think to myself.