Not what it seems

Tomorrow we are going to leave New York and get back to Sicily, back to my nightmare, back to staying with...

My thoughts are interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Can I come in?"-I hear a feminine voice from outside.

"Yes, of course, come."-I reply.

The door opens revealing a women in her fifties with blue eyes and black hair. It was Don Piemonte's wife. We have only talked together a few times, but just a few seconds. Mostly because I would keep my distance since Domenico doesn't want me to hang out with a lot of people.

"Hello Dianora."-the woman says.-"I came in to see how you are and since you are always standing alone in your room to invite you to have a tea with me, my daughters and some other friends. They are in the salon waiting and we were wondering if you would like to come."

They want me to hang out with them? Well it would be nice getting to know Mrs.Piemonte and it may also make Domenico mad soo.. Why not?

"Of course. I will be there in a minute."

"Take your time dear. I will go downstairs now."-signora Piemonte says.

I put on a little bit of make up, wear my flats and go downstairs to meet the others.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"My nephew Edward is back from Oxford and I want to find him a good bride. But these girls nowadays... Oh dear they are so different. They don't seem to care about values and respect all they want is our money.."- I hear a women say from the hall. She seemed arrogant and very posh. Well this is going to be "interesting".

"Dianora you came. Here, sit with us."-Mrs.Piemonte says smiling. She is nice and from what I've seen an honest and good person.-"This is Mrs. James."-she says showing me the woman I've heard talk in the hall.-"Mrs. Smith and of course you already know my daughters Lucia and Aurora."

"Nice to meet you all."-I kindly say and sit in the leather sofa.

"You are italian dear?"-Mrs Smith asks.

"Yes, from Sicily actually, but I have lived also in New York for five years."-I reply.

"Yes, my parents were Italian, from Palermo, but I was born here. I came once in Italy, but stayed in Rome. unfortunately I never had the chance to see Palermo."

"It is a beautiful city actually. I have been a few times and I really like it."-i say.

"And when you were living here in New York you were all by yourself?"-Mrs. James asks. I don't like her tone, nor the way she was looking at me.

"Yes ma'am."-I say trying desperately hard not to show any sign of my dislike towards her.

"Ow, well that is not right! A lady living all alone you never know what.."

"Okay do you girls want any biscuits with your tea? I am telling the maid to bring us some." Mrs. Piemonte says interrupting mrs. James. Good thing she did it because I wouldn't know for how long could I stand her, I still don't.

The maid brought some biscuits and deserts and we continued talking.

" I really like the relationship you and signor Del Vecchio have. Takes care of you and the way you two look at each other is so cute."-Aurora says.

"Yes they are like the ultimate relationship goals."-Lucia says smiling. If only she knew....

"There is no couple in this entire world that would survive on destroying their own family."-Mrs. James says raising one eyebrow at me.