Chapter 1

"now it's my time to depart and i just had a change of heart" -change of heart
------------------------------------------------------------

Jen POV

They say that everyday is not good, but there is something good in every day. Well, not for me. I get bullied everyday by a group of mean kids at my school. Yeah, you guessed it 'The Populars' they think they are so superior and better.

I am their usual target, why? Ok let's make a list, shall we?
1. I don't have ANY friends, except one, the librarian.
2. I am shy, as hell.
3. My shyness doesn't allow me to stand up for myself.
And...
4. Because their leader hates me more than anything.

Just because I don't say stuff to them doesn't mean it doesn't hurt, yeah I yell at them when I am alone, like in the bathroom, but I can't do it in person.

No one in school really likes me because I am nothing like them, most teens like to spend time on their phones or social media but that's not me. I like reading, yeah I do stuff on social media but I am not obsessed.

The girls at my school don't like me because I haven't dated once, never kissed a guy, never gone out on a date. Nothing.

Then there are the guys don't like me because, I am not the other girls, the ones who wear short skirts or heels. I am not one of those girls who twirl their hair or giggle when they talk to a guy. That's not me. I am not one of those kids who spends Friday nights getting drunk and partying, and that's why I am not liked.

I am walking into school, it's the first day of the week so the weekend gave me time to mentally prepare for today. I park my car and start walking fast to the main doors, pulling my glasses closer to my eyes, hugging myself and looking around to see if the leader of the populars is not around. Josh Hutcherson.

"Look who it is guys" says a voice. Oh my cookies. It's Josh.

He starts walking over to me but I ignore him and walk faster until he stops right in front of me.

"Where do you think you're going, glasses?" he smirks slyly

"Uhmm...I...uh" I manage to stutter out, believe it or not that's the most I have ever gotten out

"What? I am sorry did you say something?" he asks bringing his ear closer to my mouth "What did you say?"

I just shake my head and look at the ground not feeling confident enough to look up.

"That's what I thought" he whispers

I finally get the chance to go around him and head inside school. Surprisingly, today wasn't as bad as the other days.

I go to my locker and get my books for the lessons then head to class. The worst part is I have Josh and his best friends Sam and Liam in most of my classes so they never miss a chance to tease me or laugh at me.

I get to class and pick a seat at the very back hoping no one would notice me. I start doodling on my notebook until I see someone sit down in front of me. I don't know who it is since I am not fully looking up but I don't care either.

"Hey Glasses" says a voice. Damn it.

It doesn't take long before my hands start shaking and I feel very nervous about what's going to happen next, there is not teacher so I have no hope but to go through whatever Josh is going to throw at me.

"I was thinking, maybe you can come and sit with us at lunch" he speaks softly. At first I was excited that he actually asked me to sit with him but I soon realised that it was a prank and I wasn't falling for it.