Chapter 10

"synthetic apparitions of not being lonely" -she's american
------------------------------------------------------------

Jen POV

I woke up today feeling the same as I feel everyday, like a loser. Something had changed though it felt like I wasn't alone, almost like I had a friend. Josh.

Yes, I didn't mind him being around most of the time but I still am not prepared to let my guard down. He greets me everyday when he walks out of his house, everyday. He walks over to my house, greets me politely then walks back to his house.

I did my normal routine of groaning, praying to god that nothing embarrassing happens to me today and then finally dragging myself out of bed. I get changed, then walk downstairs to get breakfast. It's raining outside today, so it's quiet dull.

Like everyday I grabbed an apple from the bowl and rushed out of my house to my driveway with an umbrella in my hand. Once I get to my car before I unlock it just like every other day, I hear a voice behind me, a smile makes its way to my face before I turn around. Right on time.

"Hey Jennifer" Josh greeted shyly, he wore a raincoat to shield the rain

I hide my smile, "Hi"

"How are you today?"

"I'm good, what about you?" I question

"I'm good. So, rain huh?" he grimaced, looking up at the grey sky

"Yeah, it's kinda soothing if you think about it" I tell him looking up at the sky too

"Kinda being the key word here" he chuckles "So? I...uh...I guess I'll see you in school?"

"Yeah. I'll see you in school" I smile

"Okay" he returns my smile, "See you later alligator" his eyes go wide instantly after he says that

I laugh "Bye"

He turns around starting his walk back to his house.

"See you later alligator? IDIOT" he scolds himself thinking I can't hear, I chuckle

I quickly get inside my car, closing the door and switching my radio on. "Born" by One Republic comes on and I subconsciously sing along.

I get to school really soon, taking my umbrella with me I start walking inside school. I don't see Josh or his friends anywhere, I let out a sigh of relief. Thank god.

After I have successfully made my way to my locker, I take out my books for my lessons. I start walking to class, as I am walking someone rudely pushes my book down making them tumble from my hands. A loud laugh and the sound of a high five is heard in my ears and I roll my eyes, bending down to pick up my books.

Unexpectedly, just like in the movies a hand gives me a book and I look up to see Josh smiling at me then he proceeds to help me pick up my books.

"Thank you" I mumbled

"Your welcome" he smiled

"I need to get to class" I remembered, "bye"

"Oh...umm...bye"

I move past him making my way to class. I didn't want to ruin his reputation as being the popular, if he was seen talking to me he would be made fun of and I don't want that to happen.