Chapter 30

"you're the only thing that's going on in my mind" -ugh!
------------------------------------------------------------

Josh POV

It's the first day of summer today, Jen and I decided to go have a date on the beach, but no swimming. We are driving down to Malibu from L.A., to spend the day there.

"Hi Karen" I smile, when her mother opens the door.

"Hi Josh, Jen is getting ready" Karen tells me, letting me in.

"Alright, I'll just wait here"

I wait for sometime for Jen to come out of her room.

"Jen" I call out, from her living room.

I have huge plans for us today, I take the small black box that sits in my pocket, smiling. Jen is going to love this.

"I'm almost done" Jennifer calls back. I instantly put the box back in my pocket.

I wait for a few more minutes, and Jennifer finally comes into the living room, looking as beautiful as ever.

"You look amazing" I compliment, wrapping my arms around her waist.

"Thank you" she blushes, kissing me.

We walk out of the house, and to my car which we are taking to Malibu. Jen has a beach bag with her, filled with food. We get into the car, and start driving.

"Can we stop at a gas station, please?" Jen asks, after some time.

"Yeah, sure" I reply, "Why though?"

"I forgot to bring chocolate" she replies, and I laugh.

"That's a huge issue" I laugh.

"I also need to pee" she adds, and I laugh more.

"There's one close by, we can stop there" I tell her.

I drive for about 10 minutes, then I spot a gas station. I pull into it, parking in front of the store. As soon as I stop, Jen sprints out of the car and to the washroom, leaving me laughing.

I stay in the car, thinking about how everything should go according to plan. After a while, Jen comes back, then follow her into the store.

"I'll go get us some drinks" I say, walking over to the drinks section.

Jen makes her way to the chocolates and candies, which is on the other side of the store.

"What are you doing here?" I hear Jen ask, she sounds scared.

Instantly, I make my way to her, worried. Once I get to her I see why she sounded so scared. Jena, Sam and Liam are there. God, haven't they grown up? We graduated for god's sake.

"So, where's Josh?" I hear them ask, before Jen can say anything I walk over.

"What the hell are you guys doing here?" I spit, stepping in front of Jen, protectively.

"It's a free country Josh, we can be anywhere we want to" Sam says, laughing evilly.

"Yeah? Well just stay away from her" I hiss, walking away from them with Jen by my side.

"It's not long before you'll dump her ass, Josh" I hear Liam bark.

"Don't count on it" I shout back.