Chapter 15

"you're cold and i burn, i guess i'll never learn" -settle down
------------------------------------------------------------

Josh POV

Jen and I are going on a date today! I am so excited! I told her to dress casually since I am taking her to the arcade then a local fair.  The fair thing is a little cliché but I was stumped at what place she would enjoy. Luckily, her mother told me that she would enjoy going to the fair because she goes to this one every year.

"So, you excited bro?" Connor asks, coming into my room while I am getting ready.

"Yeah, I don't think I've ever been so excited for a date" I answer

"She really is different, isn't she?" Connor smiles

"Yeah" Just thinking about Jennifer brings a smile to my face and makes my heart flutter.

I get ready, then grab my wallet and my phone, rushing downstairs.

"Bye mom" I call out, "bye dad"

"Bye, son" Dad answers, "Listen Josh, just don't mess up with Jen okay? Don't hurt her. She is a very nice girl, and it won't only mess things for you it will mess it for both the families. I am good friends with Gary I don't want to have it be awkward"

"I won't hurt her dad" I reassure him, "I really like her. Maybe even love"

"I know I can tell you love her" My dad smiles, "Now go..."

I am about to walk out of the door, when I remember I had bought Jen a rose, I head back in the kitchen and see my rose resting on the counter. I head outside the house with a huge grin on my face.

I walk down the street to her house. Once, I get there I take a deep breathe and knock on the door. And Jennifer opens it.

Once she opens the door, I stand there with my jaw dropped. She. Looks. Amazing. She is wearing a leather skirt and is dressed in all black. She looks so different, after standing there for a long time. She smiles shyly.

"H-hey" I stutter, man she does things to me.

"Hi" she smiles

"You look amazing!" I give her the rose, "Different, but amazing"

"Thank you, my mom said you would like the leather skirt" she replies, looking down at her outfit.

"I think you would look amazing in anything. But this makes my heart flutter" I blurt out. She laughs. "So, shall we?"

"Yeah" She bids her parents a goodbye, then follows me to her porch. "Where are we going?"

"Well, someone told me you love visiting the fair" I grin, her eyes light up.

"Yeah, I do" she replies, enthusiastically.

"Well, we are going to go to the arcade at the fair, then going on some rides. That sound okay to you?" I ask, she nods.

We start walking to the fair, which is nearby, so I didn't get my car. We walk close to each other, our hands occasionally brushing against each other. I finally take her hand in mine and intertwine our fingers, smiling.

"This your first date, huh?" I ask

"Yeah" She nods, shyly. She is probably embarrassed that she hasn't been on a date before. I stop walking making her stop too, I turn to look at her.

"You know I don't care that you haven't been on a date before right?" I ask

"Yeah, I guess. But it's still embarrassing" she mumbles