Chapter 23

"dog won't bark if you don't lark about" -M.O.N.E.Y
------------------------------------------------------------

Josh POV

Jen is sick this time, she has a high fever. It's bad because I have a volleyball game that I have to go to which means I can't stay here with her. She is very mad about that too, because she keeps insisting that she is okay and she wants to come and watch.

"Joshy, please let me come to your game" Jen begs, while I lay in her bed with her.

"No, honey. You're sick" I sigh, kissing her forehead which is ridiculously hot.

"I'm completely fine" she pleads, then starts coughing really badly.

"Sure you are" I smirk, "I want you there too sweetheart, but your health comes first"

"Please?" Jen sneezes, I shake my head.

"Sorry, baby" I reply, "Now, I gotta go. I'll be back as soon as possible"

"Okay" Jennifer nods, sadly.

"Hey now, where's my kiss?" I ask, tilting her chin up with my finger.

"Right here" Jen smiles, then kisses me.

"Thanks, I'll see you soon" I smile, then walk out of her bedroom.

"You win, or you're not allowed back here" Jen calls out, I laugh.

"I will" I call back.

Jen POV

UGH! This is boring, I am not just going to sit here and wait for Josh to come back. I want to watch his game too, and I will. I start coughing and sneezing as soon as I get that thought, it's like my body is telling me that it is a bad idea.

I get dressed in a very thick sweater so that I don't feel cold, and sweatpants so that I am comfortable. I take a spare blanket if I get even colder, grab my car keys and make my way to the game.

I discreetly sneak out of the house, without my parents noticing. Once I am in my car I drive to the game, which is at the beach. I get very drowsy while driving there because of the medicine Josh gave me.

Finally, I reach there and lock my car. I walk to the area where they are having the game. I see Josh playing, might I say he looks very sexy.

I watch him quietly while he plays, and try and hide so he doesn't see me and I don't distract him from his game.

Josh POV

We play the first half of the game, and so far my team is in the lead. I wish Jen was here, she is my motivation. It's the break now, so I am heading to get some water, when I hear a familiar voice yell out my name.

"Josh" I hear, with a coughing fit at the end. Oh, she did not.

I turn around to see the one and only, Jennifer Lawrence. Man, she looks even worse than she did before. Damn it Jen!

"Jennifer" I exclaim, and run to her. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to watch your game" she replies, "I'm completely fine"

"Sweetheart, thanks for coming. But you're not fine" I tell her, touching her forehead to get her temperature.

"Yes, I am comp-" Jen starts, but she is cut off when she closes her eyes and falls in my arms.

"Jen?" I exclaim, shaking her. "Jen?"

"Yeah, yeah. I'm awake" she says, getting her head off my chest. "I'm fine"