Chapter 2

AN ; Will update when I get a few comments and votes :) Story will get going soon, bear with me. x

Chapter 2:

When I got there I sent him a text letting him know I was here and he came running out of the house, dressed in very cute clothes. Vibrant pink shorts on and a very bright checkered flannel shirt. I smiled as he got in and waited for him to buckle in before I took off.

"Where to?" I asked him, since he was the one who invited me to lunch and not the other way around. He just shrugged and said, "Wherever," and then I racked my brain for places we could eat.

I decided on a small diner called Auntie Sam's, and I pulled in the parking lot and parked, obviously. I turned the car off and we got out and went inside. I ordered a lemonade and Scottie ordered a coke to drink.

"So, what's there to tell me about?" I asked him with a smirk on my face, knowing what he had to tell me. Scottie has a crush on this guy named Hunter, which is fine and dandy, right? But there was one problem. Hunter is straight. So Scottie invented a plan which he calls 'the hunt', for obvious reasons.

"Oh my gosh," he started off and I just rested my head on my hands, ready to listen to the story he's getting ready to share, "so you know Jessica's party last night?" Jessica is the 'most popular' girl at school, as people call her. I don't get why though, she's the biggest bitch I've ever met in my life. We don't get along, hence why I wasn't invited to her party last night. I mentally scoffed, like I care anyways. I realized that Scottie was waiting for me to acknowledge him so I nodded and he continued, "Well Hunter was there and I figured it was time to officially start 'the hunt'. So I was thinking about how I should go about it. He's obviously not gonna like it if a gay guy goes up to him and tells him he likes him, that would just scare him away so I was thinking of subtle things to do and say to him. Then I got the perfect plan!! I decided to pretend to be straight and become friends with him first, then I could pounce! Like a tiger! Tiger's pounce right?" I shrugged and he continued after taking a very short breath, "So I went over to him and I was like 'that blonde girl over there is really fit' and he nodded in agreement and motioned for me to go over there and talk to her, which I didn't appreciate but you gotta do what you gotta do. So I went over there and told her the situation, which was either a really good or bad idea, I can't tell yet, because get this! She's his cousin! So I was like shit but she's like 'it's alright, don't worry about it! I can pretend to be your girlfriend for a while, I think Hunter's always been a little gay anyways. Plus, you'd be good for him' so I was practically shitting myself by the time she finished. Then she grabbed my hand and we walked over to him and we pretended to flirt and now I have a fake girlfriend but that is not the point! Hunter now knows who I am and things are progressing, very slowly, yes, but they're progressing nonetheless," he concluded.

I grinned at him and said, "That's awesome, Scottie! Are you sure this is a good idea, though? Don't you think he'll be a little mad if he ever finds out this was all a fake plan made to get him to turn gay?" I asked, concerned how this will all turn out. He just shrugged and replied, "We'll deal with that when it gets here." I nodded, agreeing with him, and then the waitress appeared with our drinks and a pen and paper to take our orders. I just stuck with a simple burger and fries while Scottie got some complicated shit that I couldn't repeat back to you for the life of me.

As we were waiting for our food to arrive, I felt something hit the leg of my chair, jerking me forward a little bit just as I saw a figure fall to the ground. My first reaction was to laugh, but I figured that'd be rude so I skipped to my next reaction, which was concern.

"Oh my gosh, are you okay? I'm sorry, I didn't realize my chair was so far out," I quickly apologized, although I knew it was this dumbasses fault for tripping over my chair. It's not like there was a table behind me, he had all the room in the world.