Chapter 10

Please comment and let me know what you think :) I LOVE hearing your thoughts while you're reading and what you think about what's going on! Enjoy! Xx

------------------------

After the few hours of working on my English homework for both yesterday and today, it was already 7 and I never wanted to even talk about Shakespeare again. I decided that I’d go take a shower and then dedicate the rest of my night to Flappy Bird. I need that extra credit.

After my long shower, I put my hair in a towel and dressed in my normal pajamas; a sweatshirt and yoga pants. When my hair wasn’t dripping wet anymore, I took the towel off and hung it up to dry.

I grabbed my phone off of the bathroom counter after brushing my teeth and I plopped down on my bed. I opened the Flappy Bird app and got to work.

I couldn’t deny that I was getting better, and that Mr. Styles’ tips were actually helping me. I kept getting higher and higher scores and I got to 43 before I started falling asleep. I put my phone on my charger and snuggled up under my blankets before realizing the lights were still on. Dammit, why do I always do this?!

I frustratingly threw the blankets off of me and stomped up to turn the lights off and then plopped back down into my bed, recovering myself with the blankets.

I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep, completely forgetting to set my alarm clock.

The next morning, the sun was what decided to wake me up. I didn’t really think much of it, until I grabbed my phone and noticed the time.

It was 9:22, aka I missed the first 2 hours of my 3rd day of school. My attendance record is going to be ace this year.

I sat there and dwelled on whether or not I should show up for the rest of the school day, and decided that I probably should so I reluctantly got up and went into the bathroom.

I didn’t feel like doing much with myself so I just kept on my outfit of a hoodie and yoga pants and brushed through my hair, pinning half of it back and straightening the parts of it that were down.

I did my makeup the usual way, just some mascara and stuff to cover my oh so lovely zits, and was out the door. I had to walk to Scottie’s house, which wasn’t too far, to pick up my car. He texted me to let me know that he hid the keys under the mat by his house. How original, I’m sure nobody would find them there. I drove the rest of the way to school and made it by 10AM. 

3rd hour would be halfway over by the time I got there so I decided to just roam the hallways until 4th hour. I went to my locker and put my things in and then thought about what I’d do for the next 45 minutes. I went to the bathroom and fixed my hair in the mirror, as the wind had messed it up on the walk to Scottie's house. I had to readjust the bobby pins and then it looked too tight so I had to pull my hair out a little bit to loosen it up.

Once I was satisfied, I left the bathroom and I still had 40 minutes to do nothing. I really don’t wanna walk into science halfway through the class so I just walked around the hallways, passing by teachers who looked at me questioningly. They’re so nosy.

Luckily, none of them asked me why I wasn't in class so I was free to do as I pleased until the bell rang. I was 99% sure Mrs. Bowling had a free hour right now so I decided I might as well drop off my homework, since I actually did it last night. I went to my locker to retrieve it since I put it away when I got here.

After getting it, I walked to her classroom and I knocked twice on the door and briefly heard her call, “Come in!” 

I opened the door and waved, before setting my binder on a random desk, “Sorry I didn’t make it to class today, I forgot to set my alarm and I overslept. Did I miss anything?”