Chapter 37

Yayyyyyy , update :) I loooved reading your reactions to the last chapter! haha it was my favorite :) please let me know what you think! If you have any questions for me about myself, or the story, feel free to ask :D

-------------------

I woke up to pounding on the door downstairs. My eyes were barely open, and they were burning like crazy. Probably from crying so much. I lazily dragged myself out of bed and down the stairs, grabbing my phone on the way. I looked down on it and saw something I hadn't seen in a long time. 7 missed calls from 'Hottie Tamale". Harry. My heart ached at the nickname he wrote, what felt like, ages ago, but I ignored them and looked at the time. 12:09. It was after midnight.

Wow, my parents are really late, I thought. I was expecting them around 8:30.

Nevertheless, I walked myself to the door, and pulled it open.

But standing there, was not my parents.

It was a drenched Harry, and he was breathing heavily.

"Harry?" I asked, squinting out at him. He was slightly shivering and I didn't think about the things that happened, I just ushered him inside my house, rushing to the hallway to get a blanket.

"Miranda, I need to talk to you," he said, and his voice sounded hoarse, as if he was getting a cold. I slightly winced at the fact he didn't use my nickname again.

"It doesn't matter, Harry, it's not like we're together. You can see Cassidy," I sighed, handing him my favorite fluffy blanket. He wrapped it around himself, and shook his head.

"No, I'm not seeing anybody. Not unless they're you," he stated, taking a step toward me. I took one back.

"So, she was at your apartment just to talk about the weather?" I asked sarcastically. Who knew how many students have been to his flat since he's been a teacher. I thought I would have been the only one, but I learned that you don't really know people like you think you do.

"Miranda, I promise you, I had no idea she was coming over. I didn't even know how she knew where I lived, she just showed up on my doorstep and let herself in and what you saw was me trying to get her out. She was only there for less than 5 minutes, and she never would have been there if it were up to me," he explained and I didn't know what to say. I didn't know if I believed him. I wanted to, but I don't know if I did.

"Why are you calling me Miranda?" I asked, instead.

"I, shit, I don't mean to. You're Randi to me, not Miranda. It just, it really fucking hurt hearing Hunter call you the nickname I gave you, and the image of him calling you that was just lodged in my brain, and so Miranda kept slipping out instead."

And I nodded, not really knowing what else to say.

"But that's not the reason I came here. I mean, it was partly, because I wanted to explain myself. Nothing happened, so there's that. But Louis told me everything," he stated and my eyes widened at that.

"That little fucker! I told him not to say anything," I groaned, running my hands through my hair. Well, I guess it doesn't really matter anyways, since I was planning on telling him before I saw him with Cassidy. But still, I'd rather him hear it from me.

"Why?" He asked me, looking a bit hurt. Probably because I've been lying to him for three weeks.

"Well, Hunter said if I told anybody he'd give out the proof. And that would mean you could lose your job, Harry. That's not something I could risk," I explained, walking toward the living room and sitting down on the couch. He followed me, sitting down right next to me. Closer than I've been to him at all during the last three weeks. I automatically felt myself leaning in toward him, but stopped myself.