Chapter 70

Okayyyy, this is the last chapter, and it's probably a really shitty ending and I'm sorry. I've been planning it like this for months and I feel so disappointed with how I wrote it, and I even re wrote it because I wasn't happy with it, but it still sucks so I don't know.

There will be an epilogue to clear up any confusion that you may have about all of this, and it will give you answers about their future and all of that junk. That'll be up soon, hopefully.

If you have anyyyy questions, don't hesitate to ask. I'll be happy to answer them :) 

Sorry it sucks. Hope you like it x

---------

Today was the day. I was beginning my first classes of university today, and part of me was excited, however the other half was dreading them. It’s only been a day since Harry got onto his plane back to Holmes Chapel, but it felt like it’s been a month. I miss him already, and I have no idea how the heck I’m going to last weeks at a time not seeing him.

I sighed, looking into the mirror I hung on the wall, trying to figure out what to do with my hair. Against my better judgement, I didn’t shower last night, and then I overslept today, so I didn’t have time to shower. Thus, my hair looked a right mess.

I sprayed a bit of dry shampoo in it, before putting it into a side braid, deciding that this will have to do. So far, I wasn’t making a good impression to my fellow college students.

As for my clothes, I wore black leggings with a floral, flowy top. I did my makeup quickly, not wanting to be late for my first class, and ended up with mascara everywhere except for on my eyelashes. I groaned, trying to get it off my cheeks and eye lids, but that wasn’t happening since it was waterproof. Great.

I shrugged, grabbing my bag that had my notebooks and pens in it, slinging the strap over my shoulder before looking to Lauren.

“You ready?” I asked her. Our classes were near each other, so we decided to walk together until we had to part ways. 

My first class was Algebra 1, believe it or not. I didn’t sign up for the damn class, but I hadn’t been able to get a hold of admissions the past few days so there was absolutely nothing I could do. I could only google their number, since I lost the packet I got in the mail that had all of the contact info. Needless to say, the number on google was incorrect and I ended up calling some Chinese food restaurant. Since that option was out the window, I decided to walk to the office yesterday. But because of my terrible time managing skills, it ended up being 6 o’clock before I made it there, and they were closed. I was planning on going before class today, so I could get it switched, but I overslept and now I don’t have time. I’m scared to miss my first ever day of class, in case they can’t switch me out and I miss something important, so I figure I’ll try and get it fixed after class. I don’t exactly wanna pay half a grand to take a class I’ve 1, already done, and 2, am not interested in whatsoever, especially since book publishing has next to nothing to do with it math. However if for some reason they do make me take it and pay for it, I don’t want to miss a second of it.

“Yeah, let’s go,” she grinned, linking her arm into mine and leading us out of our dorm. We were smack dab in the middle of campus, meaning most of our classes were near by, for which I was thankful, because when it was freezing and snowy, I wouldn’t have to walk far. 

Lauren was majoring in secondary education, her prime subject being Calculus. She was brave, that one. I inwardly laughed at the irony of the situation, since she would be a calculus teacher, like Harry, some day.

We came to the point where her building was to the left, and mine was to the right, so we waved our goodbyes and walked in opposite directions.

The campus was flooded with students, as it would be. It made me nervous how many people were here, and how many of them I didn’t know. Literally 99.9% of the people were strangers, with the 0.1% being Lauren, who was behind me somewhere, walking in the opposite direction.

I made it to my lecture hall ten minutes early, and either the class was really tiny, or they didn’t care about coming in early, since the place was all but empty. Probably the latter.

Sure enough, two minutes before class started, students flooded in, filling all of the seats, including the two next to me. A boy with sandy brown hair, set his notebook down in the seat to my right, and a girl with frilly red hair to my left. I smiled at them, and they returned it before turning their attention to the front of the class.

Our professor wasn’t in here yet, and I looked at the time on my phone, rolling my eyes at the fact that they were late. If we’re required to be here at a certain time, shouldn’t they be as well?

“Do you know who’s teaching this class?” The boy next to me asked, and I shrugged.

“I dunno, it didn’t say on my schedule. Whoever it is needs a watch though,” I stated, and the boys eyes widened.

“You have an accent!” He exclaimed, “Oh my God, that’s so cool. Speak again.”

I laughed, “You’re the one with the accent. Mine’s normal.”

He shook his head, “Not in New York City, it’s not. Where are you from?”

“Do you want the general idea, or the specifics?” I asked, not knowing if he’d have any idea what Holmes Chapel was.

“Both,” he shrugged.

“I’m from Holmes Chapel, it’s in Cheshire in England,” I smiled, and he nodded, squinting his eyes as if he were thinking.

“Yeah, I have no idea where that is, but I know England,” he grinned and I laughed.

“Well it’s somewhere in there.” 

“I’m from Florida, do ya know where that’s at?” 

“Yeah, I was there a few months ago, actually. I loved it.”

He nodded, and then the door opened. The entire class silenced, and turned to look at the person coming in 5 minutes late.

I rolled my eyes, returning my gaze to my notebook and taking the cap off of my pen. If I was paying $500 for this damn class, the least the professor could do is be on time. I should get a discount for the 5 minutes of learning missed.

What am I even saying, I should be celebrating the fact the professor was late. Yikes.

I heard him before I saw him. He cleared his throat, and my eyes widened, because it sounded very familiar. I was scared to look up in case I was wrong, I didn’t want to get my hopes up.

I slowly let my eyes drag toward the front of the room, where a tall figure was dropping a very familiar brown bag onto his desk. My gaze traveled up the arm that put it there, noticing the long, muscular arms, that you could just see through the white button up shirt he was wearing. I saw the curls that were framing his face, and then I saw his piercing green eyes. My heart skipped a beat, as his lips curled into a smile, looking at the class before him.

His eyes stopped at me, widening them in shock. Clearly, he didn’t know I was in this class. What are the chances, anyways? He knows I hate math, so why the fuck would I be in an Algebra 1 course? It must be fate that it accidentally ended up on my schedule. But what kind of shit fate is that? 

He shook his head, moving his gaze to his desk and furrowing his eyebrows, then coughing into his elbow. 

He cleared his throat for the second time this morning, “Hey, um. I’m Mr. Styles, and welcome to the Algebra 1 course.”