Chapter 15

Hello :) Hope you're all doing good! Let me know what you think <3 

-------------------------------

The weekend flew by and it was Monday before I knew it. I was kind of scared to go to school, to be honest. I basically hung out with my math teacher on Friday night, and it definitely didn’t feel like he was my teacher. I feel like it’s just going to be a giant reality check on how I can’t ever have him.

My small crush has definitely developed into a slightly bigger crush on him. But, how could you not like him? He was nearly perfect. 

I honestly tried not liking him, trust me, I don’t exactly WANT to have a crush on my teacher, but I can’t help it. I still know nothing is going to happen with us, but I can’t help but wish something could.

Scottie was filled in on everything that happened on Friday night, although it was nothing much. He saw us on the tire swing and demanded details as soon as I arrived home from the drive from hell.

Scottie and I got to school early for once, and we just stood by my locker until the bell ring.

Harry- I mean Mr. Styles- walked past me without so much as a glance in my direction. Ouch.

I rolled my eyes and turned toward Scottie who definitely noticed that as well.

He sent me a sympathetic smile and said, “Don’t worry your pretty little head,” before patting it and finishing, “He just doesn’t know how to act around you at school.”

I nodded, because yeah, I didn’t know how to act around him either.

The warning bell went off and Scottie and I parted ways, me making my way to Mr. Style’s classroom. 

When I walked in, only half of the seats were filled and Mr. Styles looked up when he heard the door shut behind me. He offered me a smile, which I returned before going to my seat next to Cassidy.

“Hey,” I said plopping down in my chair and throwing my things on my desk. 

“Hi,” she replied with a smile before the bell rang.

Class went by fast, with Mr. Styles subtly glancing at me. Every time he did so, I sent him a smile to which he returned.

I felt really happy walking out of class that day, although I still had no idea what was even going on in the learning part of it.

The rest of the day was uneventful, same old same old school. Nothing new there.

That night I went home and practiced my flappy bird skills because I only had until tomorrow to beat him and with my high score of 68 I was fairly certain that it wasn’t going to happen. Which means I’d have to spend two weeks of detention with Mr. Styles.

Maybe that wouldn’t be so bad though. 

I still wanted the satisfaction of beating him, though, so I spent my entire night trying to. By the time 8 o clock rolled around, I had gotten to 89 but I had to do my homework. I took a break to finish that and then went right back to it, determined to beat his damn score of 127.

I fell asleep after I got to 102, happy that I at least got past 100.

The next morning, I woke up and got right back onto flappy bird. I’m not sure if he even remembers our little bet, but if he does I sure as hell wanna be the one who won.

I skipped getting ready by just changing my clothes and pulling my hair up into a bun. I also put on very minimal makeup, as I wanted to be done as soon as possible.