Chapter 11

I managed to take a 30 minute nap, not my best, before a pounding on my door woke me up. I groaned but got up to get it nonetheless. I already knew it was Scottie before I saw his stupid quiff on the other side of the door.

I opened the door and looked at him while arching my eyebrow, "I thought you weren't picking me up until 7?" I asked him.

He rolled his eyes before pushing his way past me and into my house, "Sure, come on in!" I say sarcastically.

"Sorry, Mer, I'm nervous and excited for my date and I can't sit at home by myself for another second," he said, acting as if it would have been the end of the world if he couldn't come over here.

"First of all, it's technically not your date Scottie, it's mine. You're with his cousin. What's her name again?" I asked him.

"Erica, and can we please just pretend I'm going on a date with Hunter please, because the hunt is harder than I had anticipated and I'm not sure how long it will be until I can go on an actual date with him," he somewhat begged, sounding pretty desperate if you ask me.

"Whatever," I dismissed and then looked Scottie up and down, "Please tell me you're not wearing that to your date." I pointed to his very short, very gay shorts and his buttoned up shirt. He gasped while looking down at himself, "Why, what's wrong with it?"

I started laughing, "Well, for starters, you can so obviously tell you're gay. They're just a smidge too tight, I think."

He rolled his eyes, "Well I can't pretend to be straight forever, Miranda. I need to drop off subtle hints."

I laughed even harder at that, "Subtle? That's the furthest thing from subtlety, those shorts basically scream 'gay', if you want any chance at going on a double date with Hunter again you may wanna play the straight card for a little while."

"What do you expect me to do, pretend to be straight and all of a sudden drop the bomb that I'm gay? I have to make it at least a little bit obvious so he can put the pieces together!" He said in a duh tone.

"This whole idea is terrible, Scottie. He's straight and you're gay, I'm 99% positive when he learns you're gay he's not gonna just magically turn gay as well," I tried letting him down easy, but apparently it wasn't all that easy because he immediately went on defense mode.

"What the fuck? I never said he'd magically turn gay, but if we spend a lot of time together he might develop a small crush on me, I don't know, it's not as farfetched as you make it sound. Plus, you're one to talk. You're the one who likes a fucking teacher, for God's sake. That's so gonna happen," he said in a sarcastic tone and my jaw dropped.

"Scottie, I didn't mean it in a bad-" I started off but he cut me off, "Save it, whatever. I'll prove you wrong when we're together. Good luck getting with your teacher when he couldn't give two shits about you." Ouch.

It's not like I think I have a chance with Mr. Styles, because he's obviously a teacher, but damn if it didn't hurt.

"Fine, Scottie, have fun at your date. Count me out," I said, pushing him out the door.

"I don't need you! I'm gonna date him with or without you," he said and I continued pushing him. Once he was outside, I slammed the door and locked it. I couldn't tell if I was more pissed or upset. I was mad on one hand, because Scottie's the one who wants me to date Mr. Styles and he's always the one saying he likes me, I had nothing to do with that, so why is he here saying the exact opposite of what he's been telling me?

I was hurt, because I know what he said was true. I'm a student and Mr. Styles is my fucking teacher. He teaches Math. He doesn't care about me, he never will and I'm not gonna lie, that makes me feel like crying.