Chapter 31

New update, yayyyy :) I've been home sick from school the past three days, which is why I've been updating so much. Next week I probably won't be able to update like I have been lately. So enjoy it while it lasts :p Hope you're all good! Let me know what you think. :)

---------------

I'm not sure how long I was sitting there with my jaw dropped, but I think it was bordering 5 minutes now. That little fucker, it's him sending me these notes. But what 'proof' does he even have? He had to have seen us at my party. But we weren't even doing anything that bad, I mean, he spun me on a tire swing and my head was laying on his lap, but that was it? Nothing too inappropriate.

I didn't know where to go from here. I couldn't talk to Harry about this, because I couldn't risk him losing his job. Or could I? I mean, Hunter's busy at Scottie's house working on their English project. He couldn't possibly see me talking to Harry if he's there, right?

But what if he's working with someone? What if while he's with Scottie, someone else is watching me to make sure I wouldn't snitch? I couldn't get myself to do it. I'd have to figure this out without telling Harry anything.

I couldn't talk to Scottie because there's no way he'd take my side over Hunter's, no matter how much proof I had. That was pretty sad to think about, actually. That Scottie would probably choose someone he's known less than a year over me, who he's known almost his entire life.

Another thought dawned on me. I let Hunter drive my car. The same car where I left Harry's jacket in before walking into the school. I ran out into my driveway, grabbing the keys on the way, and opening the driver's side door. I looked all over the place, seeing my shopping bags from yesterday, but there was no sign of his coat. I checked under the seats, just for good measure, but it was nowhere in site.

I angrily slammed the door and stomped inside, fairly aware that if my neighbors were looking out their window they'd think I was mental, but at the moment, I didn't care.

"That asshole," I muttered, stomping over to my phone. I decided to call Cassidy, since she already knows about the notes and I know for a fact it wasn't her who did it, since it was Hunter. I was interrupted by my doorbell ringing.

I walked over to my door, holding the phone up to my ear as it rang. When I opened the door, I saw Harry standing on my porch.

"Hi," he grinned, and a smile immediately found its way onto my face.

He tried to kiss me, but I awkwardly moved my head, causing the phone between my ear and shoulder to crash to the floor. I jumped and picked it up, hanging up the phone call I had with Cassidy as well as peeking over Harry's shoulders. I was overly paranoid now, and I didn't know if anybody could be watching us, but if they were, I didn't want them to have more proof than they already had.

"Um, hey," I all but stuttered, "What are you doing here?"

He looked at me kind of puzzled, as if he knew something was wrong, before he shrugged, "Thought I'd come surprise you. Maybe help you with some calculus?" He held up some calculus books and paper and I smiled at the thought of him wanting to help me with his class. I couldn't have him come into my house though.

"That's so sweet of you, Harry, but, uh, my mom's still here," I started whispering, trying to make it seem more like my mom was inside, and hoping he couldn't see through my lie. At this, his eyes widened.

"Oh, shit, I'm sorry, I didn't think about it. I'm so used to you living alone," he whispered back and I smiled sadly. "I better go then," he pointed behind him, and I looked at my feet, nodding.

"Yeah," I sighed, wishing I could tell him about the hectic day I've had. But I had to listen to what the note said. I couldn't tell him.

"Bye," he whispered, tip toeing out of my driveway. I almost wanted to laugh at the fact that even if my mom were here, she wouldn't be able to hear his footsteps in our driveway. I didn't. Instead, I waved to him, before shutting the door and leaning against it. I wanted to punch myself in the face for lying to him.