Chapter Seven

I thought moving to California was going to be an easy break. I was wrong.

As soon as I told Lindsay she has a full on panic attack, but when I told her I would be continuing dance in Cali, she cheered up a little.

As for my crew, they weren’t far behind. We all had one final sleepover together before I left and cried our eyes out, looking at old pictures and videos and telling old stories.

I didn’t tell any of the boyz. I left it to my girls to tell them because I didn’t think I could look at Nick ever again.

So I packed all my bags and left, suddenly realizing that there was more in this world than a small town in New Jersey.

I’ve been living in California for almost a month now. Things have been…interesting out here. We even moved in next to these two singers, Cody and Alli. They have sort of become my only friends here, considering school hasn’t started and I was planning on homeschooling anyways.

It was early on a Sunday morning, I woke up and stepped out on the balcony that connected to my room, taking in the ocean view and praying that life could be like this forever.

“Lee!” I heard a squeal and directed my attention to a perky blonde who managed to look perfect, even at seven in the morning.

“Hey Alli!” I chirped, trying to match her enthusiasm. We talked for a while about what we were going to do for the day when my mom came out with the phone in her hand.

“Hey Mrs. Santiago!” Alli screamed and my mom chuckled and waved. “Hi Alli. Lelo, some people are on the phone and they really want to talk to you.”

I motioned to Alli to give me one second right as Cody came out to join us for our morning routine of eating breakfast together.

“Hello?”

“Lelo!” I heard screams from 5 very loud girls and immediately knew who they were.

“Oh my gosh guys! I haven’t talked to you in forever!”

“I know! Has Cali changed our spunky red head? Is she too famous for us now?” I heard Sammi speak.

“Oh, of course. As we speak I am getting ready to walk down the red carpet!” I joked and I heard laughter on the other line, as well as all around me. I looked around to see who was there, but I saw no one except for Cody and Alli, who were now arguing about whether or not Cody was wearing Alli’s slippers. They were pink and fuzzy, I think we all knew the answer.

“You better not be because we have a surprise for you!” There it goes again, it was like I could hear them in person.  “Look down!”

I looked down to see my 5 best friends jump out and yell ‘surprise!’. I screamed and ran down the stairs and outside, at 7 in the morning, still in my fuzzy blue robe.

“what are you guys doing here!” I yelled as I leapt out the door and onto 5 unsuspecting girls, and soon all six of us were on the grown.

“We came to see you! Were here for a week!” Ruth laughed and I screamed all over again. I was looking up to see two Simpson siblings quite confused and looking down at us.

“Guys! These are the girls I told you about, from my crew back in New Jersey. Girls, this is-“

“You know Cody mother fluffing Simpson? When did my best friend become so cool?” I was cut off by Josaline.

“Hey hurtful! And, yes I know Cody as well as Alli. They are my only friends here, not that I mind” I smiled up at them.

“Go get ready Chica! We have to see everything there is to see in Cali before we leave!” They shoved me in the house to get me ready.

I wore a simple white Sleeping With Sirens tee, black short-shorts and my blue vans. I tamed my monster of red hair in a side braid and put on absolutely no make-up, because I knew I would sweat it off anyways.

I looked down at the cut marks on my arms and legs and a sad smile made its way to my lips. I learned it was time to embrace them instead of regret them.

They were my battle scars. I was a warrior.

If California taught me anything, it was to embrace who you are. I told Cody and Alli as soon as I could trust them my story, and they cried it out with me and shared their own.

I walked downstairs to see all my friends waiting, even Alli and Cody.

“What are we waiting for?! Lets go!” I yelled and the eight of us went to explore the streets I now call home.

It felt like something was missing though, and I had a nagging feeling I knew what that something is.

Or should I say someone.

What do you guys think about me doing a followfriday?

Every Friday I will follow someone that follows me! Do you like the idea?

Get this chapter to 10 votes to unlock the next one!

-Kat