Chapter Eleven

I looked around and all I saw were blurs. Faceless, nameless blurs that I would probably never see again and didn't quite mind.

There was only one face I wanted to see anymore.

"C'mon Lelo, your parents have finally let you off of your seemingly enternal grounding and this is how you spend your first day of freedom?" Cody questioned as he sat down next to me on a bench at the Santa Monica pier.

"Forgive me for being a lovesi-" I cut myself off as I turned to see the mob of screaming girls that had now formed around my new-found best friend, "nevermind" I sighed heavily and chuckled as I heard Cody's signature high-pitched scream.

"Let's go before they recognize me" Alli said from my opposite side and yanked my wrist.

"For a petite teenage girl you sure have a strong grip" I rubbed my arm once she finally let me go. The two of us were far from Cody and his fans, and decided to continue to walk down the pier.

"I moved to one of the coolest places in the world, live in a mini-mansion and my best friends are international celebrities for Christ's sake! Why the hell do I feel the overwhelming need to go back to my old, boring life in the suburbs of New Jersey?" I groaned and ran my fingers through my hair, turning to my bleach-blonde best friend for guidance.

"I think that might be because a certain brown-haired hip-hop dancer isn't in your mini-mansion in the coolest place in the world with your celebrity best friends" She tilted her sunglasses down to show me that she was, very clearly, giving me 'the look'.

"I stopped him from killing himself, kissed him, and left the next morning, I am bad for him" I stated as I pulled Alli into a ice cream parlor, feeling the need to drown my sorrows in calorie-filled happiness, "All I have ever done since I came back into his life was break his heart and make him suicidal, I just don't think I can put the person I love through that, chocolate chip cookie dough please" I said to the employee.

"So you're going to cut yourself off from him again? Lelo, you know what that did to him last time, it made him a shell of his former self. You love him, he loves you, I just don't see why you can't make it work" Alli said as the young teenage girl gave us our ice creams and a spoon when we went to pay.

"I know this isn't any of my business, but I think your friend is right" The girl said as she took our money and gave us the change.

"It's always someone's business when they're agreeing with me" Alli said and smiled at her, "Hi, I'm Alli"

"Believe me, I know. I own all your songs and absolutely adore them. Notice Me is constantly on replay in my house. Even my baby brother knows the words" She laughed uncomfortably at her personal outburst.

"I like her," Alli stated and laughed before awkwardly hugging the girl over the counter.

"Now, back to you. If you love this guy enough to let him go for his own good, you can love him enough to make long distance work, since I'm assuming he doesn't live here" The cashier said as she looked at me.

"Well you're right about the fact he doesn't live here, he lives across the country. But it's more than just that, we have a history that's kind of a long, crazy story" I sighed for what seemed like the millionth time that day and shoved a heaping spoonful of ice cream in my mouth.

"Long, crazy stories are my favorite kind and," she looked down at her watch and at the door, "you seemed to have come at the perfect time, I can close shop now" She took off her apron and turned the sign on the shop door from 'open' to 'closed' before closing it altogether and sitting with Alli and I in one of the booths.