Part 40-Partners?

QOTD
Being unique is better than being perfect!
     ~Unknown
*********************

AFTER ONE WEEK...

DARSHAN'S POV...

"Ya please check that, and mail the information right away!" I spoke over the intercom instructing Mouni. Finally my office, my work has resumed and its a good to be back at the office although its not completely back, one studio is not yet done but the architect has promised he will finish in 2 weeks; 2 weeks isn't that long?

"Sir may I come in?" I heard Mouni ask and I nodded resuming my work. "Sir yeh hard copy us deal ki and I have mailed the information about the kind of song they want you to compose. And they wish to have a meeting regarding the same." I nodded listening to her. "Ok, so you can finalize the meeting and about the deal inform them we'll sign after the meeting." I told her and she nodded.

She left and I kept looking at her sitting on her desk right in front of my office. It has been one week our kiss, I mean to my failed confession. Did she get what I meant? I don't think so! But she is behaving so normal, and this behaviour of her is worrying me little. What she never meant! What if she just did by mistake, in the heat of the situation! I need to know what she feels about it! If she takes it as a mistake, than I'll end it and not think about her! Will ever be able not to think about her?

Darshan stop! From when have you become such a pessimist, think positive, she will say yes! Hopefully!

I sighed leaning back on my chair, thinking about how time has changed. Less than a month ago I was explaining myself to stay away from her, not to talk to her, not to think about her; And now, she the only one all over my mind! If I don't think about her my life seems incomplete, if i don't talk to her the day seems of no sense.

"Sir may I come in?" I heard a voice after a knock and I nodded yet with my eyes closed. "Sir I need your signature on this!" a voice exclaimed full of enthusiasm, I could make it that it had to be Sameer; One thing I really love about this man is that he is so enthusiastic, he would always work with all his energy may it 4 in the morning or 12 at night.

"Sir you're ok?" he asked in a concerned voice and I opened my eyes nodding and he passed the file looking unconvinced. "Sir lunch karne nahi a r he?" he asked and that's when I realized it was already lunch time and I had been sitting her for almost 45 minutes thinking about her!

"Ya I'll just come!" I told him and he nodded leaving. I normally sit in my cabin but sometimes join my staff for lunch. I don't really like going because I think all the people get conscious when I am around, and they should at least enjoy lunch.

I moved of my cabin and saw Sameer sitting with Mouni and on one table I wonder if i should go join them. Should I? I think I better order something in my cabin. As soon as I turned Sameer called me and I just planned to sat with them. As I took steps near to the table my heartbetas started to accelerate, now it was kind of normal for me. I reached the table I saw her face and kinda go lost in her, although she is not looking at me.

"Sir kya order karu?" Sameer asked and I just looked at him in confusion and he chuckled a bit. "Ahem" I fake coughed composing myself. "Sandwich!" I said and he nodded standing to get it. And before I could tell I'll do it myself he was lost! He's so fast!

I looked at Mouni who was already looking at me. I smiled and took my place. We both were silent and I finally planned to break it. "Amm" I said grabing her attention. "Tum ghar se khana na lati ho?" I asked looking at her box. "Han!"she said opening her box, and offering me. I saw like a 2 handful of pasta! Really she eats only this much?! And she removed another box which had gajar ka halwa. Yum!!

But she eats so less and if I take even some of this she will surely starve. "Nahi thanks!" I said a bit sad. "Sir main itna bhi bhura nahi bana ti!" she said jokingly. "Of course I know that!" I said absentmindedly, wait how do I know? "huh?" she asked confused and before I could say anything she cut me. "Sir I know you're on a diet, but ek spoon kha lo I promise I wont tell anyone!" she said blinking her eyes at me assuring me she meant what she said which made me smile, she is like a kid!

I nodded taking a spoon of the halwa and I wish to finish the whole of it, I cant describe how good it is. And the next minute Sameer came with a sandwich and pizza, I guess the pizza is for him. He handed me the plate of sandwich and took his seat.

We were mid way out lunch. "Mouni.." Sameer called her and she looked at him. "Tum kal kya kar r hi ho?" he asked and my head swang in his direction. Wait is he asking her out, but I like her, he knows that! No well he doesn't he thinks I like her and me being the supid me denied my feelings for her the day him and chinu asked me to purpose. I regert!

"Nothing!" she said. "Good!" he said, he surely asking her out. "Kyu?"she asked confuse. "You know kal main sir and chinu, I mean chinmay sir ke friend hum badminton khel ne ja r he hain!" he said and he looked at me and I nodded. So? Why is he telling her! Maybe he'll ask her on a date after our game. "Tum bhi ajana!" he said and she choked on her food and I severed her water.

"What main?" she said after drinking it. "Han!" he said stating it like so obvious "See you told me you like to play!" he said and she nodded. "Han but.." she started but he cut her. "What but ata hain khel na toh a jao na, It'll be fun. Aur vese bhi sir ko har time akele khel na padta hain against us two!" he said and I nodded sadly. "Sit tell her!" he said like a small kid telling his mother to convince, but well I wanted that too and so I insisted. "Han you should muje bhi koi partner mil ja e ga!" I said and she looked at me and blushed a little,probably cause I said 'partner', but I want her to be my partner not only for this game, but for life time! And this time she just nodded. "So partners?" I asked forwading my hand and she nodded joining her's into a shake. "Partners!" she looking at me and I got lost in her eyes once again.

"Cool!" Sameer exclaimed dragging me out of them. "Toh sir you pick her at 9!" he said and I just nodded trying hard not to smile.

Soon we finished with out lunch and we all got back to work.