Pills

Kasey

I woke up feeling really cold. I pulled the covers over me and snuggle in the bed. I tossed and turn but couldn't get comfortable. I put my hair in a messy bun and walked downstairs to see Victor making breakfast.

"Hey"

"Goodmorning beautiful"

"what are you cooking?"

"Bacon, scramble eggs, and crepes"

"Crepes? What kind?"

"Strawberry"

"Hmmm yum"

"How did you sleep?"

"good until a few minutes ago. I was freezing but I didn't want to get up either. Your bed is really comfortable."

"Thanks," He said laughing. "So you go back to school tomorrow"

"Ugh don't remind me"

"It won't be that bad"

"yes it will. I missed so much work. It's going to be a struggle keeping up with all the work especially since prom and graduation are coming up."

"Prom?"

"Yeah, you know like the dance"

"I know what it is. I'm just surprised you're thinking of going. You don't look like the type."

"I'm still a girl you know. I like do get dolled up for stupid dances sometimes"

"Duh. I'm just surprised that's all"

"Right well after breakfast, I'm going back to my house."

"Are you sure? I mean you can bearly walk with that boot on your foot"

"I'm fine plus my dad is probably worried about me" I lied, I knew he wasn't. "I just need you to drive me there"

"No problem"

We ate in silent lost in our own thought. I looked at Victor. He was absolutely handsome. His sparkling brown eyes, bright white teeth, little stubble on his face for not shaving for a few day, his pink luscious lips that I so badly wanted to kiss and

"Kasey?"

"Uh yeah"

"Are you okay?"

"Um yeah. I'm just going to go take a shower."

"Okay"

I walked...well wobbled up the stairs and picked up my clothes from last night. I took a long, warm shower. I put my clothes on and packed my things in my bag. I went back downstairs and saw Victor was ready. The car ride was short and quiet. Soon he pulled up to my driveway.

"Don't forget to take your pill. I'll text you every time you have to take them just in case you forget. Oh and I'm picking you up tomorrow for school."

"Oh thanks," I kissed his cheek and got out of the car. I unlocked the door and slide inside trying not to make any noise but that wouldn't help because when I looked up I saw him. The man I once called my father. The man who would beat me and get drunk every night. I can't even call him a man, he's a coward.

"What happened to your leg?"

"It broke"

"How?"

"Doesn't matter," I said trying to walk to my room. Keyword: Trying. I felt pain on the right side of my face. I looked up at him as he gripped my arm.

"You'll not speak to me like that. I am your father."

I laughed humorlessly. "You're not my father. You're a coward. No father would beat his own daughter every day and not feel a thing about. I'm glad mom died before she could see the monster you are. She deserved better than an alcoholic scum bag"

 I spit in his face before he threw me on the ground and punched me everywhere. He got up and kicked my stomach a few times making me spit out blood. After that, he walked out of the house leaving me on the floor in my own blood.  I felt my phone buzz and pulled it out from my back pocket. It was a text message from Victor.

                       Don't forget to take your pills.