Her Father

Victor

I woke up this morning feeling good. I have no more worries now that I'm out of that stupid gang. I took a shower and put on a white shirt, black pants, and black and white shoes. I brushed my teeth then my hair. When I was all ready and refreshed I drove to Kasey's with the music in the background. I was about to knock on her door when I saw it was already slightly opened. I pushed the door open and saw Kasey on the floor laying in her own dried blood. I instantly ran to her and held her in my arm. Her eyes fluttered open and looked at me.

"V-Victor?"

"It's me, baby"

"Why a-are you here?"

"It was your first day back," I said carrying her to the bathroom. I filled the tub with warm water and stripped Kasey of her clothes. I place her in the tub and washed her body with the bath sponge. I put her shampoo in my hand and rubbed it through her hair.

"Kase?"

"Yeah"

"Who did this?"

"My father"

"What! Why didn't you tell me? I would've never brought you here if I knew"

"I know that but I didn't need you to worry. I'm used to it anyways"

"It usually gets this bad?"

"Sometimes. Mostly when I talk back. Sometimes I think my actual dad is in there but then this happens."

"Kasey....love, you're moving in with me and my family."

"Oh, I can't ask for that. That's too much. Really I'm fine here."

"I'm not giving you a choice. I want...I need to know you're safe, with me"

"Victor?"

"Yeah"

"Thank you"

"Anytime. And we no longer have to go to school we can start tomor-"

I stop when I heard a door slam shut making Kasey jump. Instantly I knew it was her father. I dried my hands and walked out of the bathroom. I saw him in the kitchen grabbing a beer. He looked mid 40's with dark brown hair and a mustache. He was tall with slight muscles. I cleared my throat to get his attention. He looked up and his eyes widen in surprise before going back with no emotion.

"Who are you? That slut's boy toy or something," He said making me ball my hands into fists.

"None of your concern."

"Then why are you here boy? Get out of my way"

He pushed me and walked away. I grab his shoulder to make him turn around. I was about to punch him when I pushed once again. I looked up and saw Kasey, who was in just a towel, punch him right square in the face making him fall on the ground. She kicked him in the stomach a few times before falling herself. She sat on the ground sobbing while her dad was knocked out. I picked Kasey up and held her in my arm. She slightly pushed away from me and wipe the tears from her face.

"Let's get packing," She said with a smile on her face.