Fever

Marinette tried to lay Chat Noir on the bed.

Key word: Tried.

For a boy this skinny, he sure did weigh a lot.

Marinette groaned.

How did she get into this situation again?

Flashback

Marinette was not in a good mood.

I was raining, she was doing homework (who flipping cares what x equals?) and to top it all off, there was an insistent tapping at her window.

She groaned. If this was another akuma after her hand, she'd kill herself.

Sighing, she opened the window.

She was not prepared for what she saw.

A shivering Chat Noir, who looked very flushed, and was in the middle of a hacking cough, hunched over.

Marinette gasped.

"Chat!! Come in!! You shouldn't even be outside in weather like this!"

Chat Noir practically fell on to her floor, soaking her carpet in the process. Normally, Marinette would have been angry, but Chat was more important.

She bent down and felt his forehead.

It was hot.

Marinette didn't need a thermometer to know that this kitty was very sick.

"Chat! You should be at home! You have a fever!"

"Father...too busy...Nathalie...day off...don't have...medicine..." Chat muttered drowsily.

"You poor kitty. Just wait here, ok? I'll get some medicine."

And that was when Chat Noir fainted.

Flashback over

Finally, Marinette got Chat into the bed. Giving him a peck on the cheek(she couldn't resist), she made her way downstairs to get some medicine.

On the way downstairs, she contemplated Chat's words.

"Father...busy...Nathalie...day off..."

What kind of father was so busy he didn't have time to make sure his son was alright?

And who was Nathalie? Wasn't that the name of Adrien's father's secretary? It must be a coincidence.

Marinette shook her head, dispelling her thoughts. She would ask Chat about it when he woke up. If he didn't want to tell her, it was fine. It was his own business.

She trudged up the stairs to her room.

Chat was there, surveying the room with blurry eyes.

Marinette walked up to him.

"Chat?" she asked softly.

"Huh! I mean, sure. Yeah, I'm awake." he giggled madly.

It was obvious Chat was still half-asleep, maybe even delirious.

"Right, okay then. I'm just going to give you this medicine, okay? We'll talk in the morning when you're feeling better."

Chat stopped giggling abruptly. He had noticed the Adrien posters.

"Oooh, Mari has a crush!" he said like a 5-year-old.

Marinette blushed.

"Hehe, yeah. His name's Adrien. He's in my class. I have a crush on him." she admitted. She wouldn't usually tell Chat this, but she figured he was in a fever. What were the chances that he would remember?