Chat Blanc

A/N: Is it obvious that I like making Adrien have emotional conflict? When little cinnamon roll blows up, it's awesome! (just as awesome as it would be for Nico Di Angelo! *whispers* Solangelo for life!)

When Adrien woke up, he immediately knew today was going to be the worst day of his life.

Why?

Today was the tenth anniversary of the day his mother disappeared. He refused to believe she was dead. It didn't really matter, because either way, she wasn't there.

Ten years without a mother.

A decade since he had last seen the most important person in his life (excluding Ladybug, obviously.)

Ten years since his father had actually acted like one.

So it really wasn't that exaggerated when Adrien knew that today was going to be the worst day in his life.

He slowly got up from bed.

He trudged toward his bathroom.

The only thing he bothered doing was putting on fresh clothes. His hair looked like Chat's but he honestly couldn't care less.

Why bother, when the only person who would have actually realised how sad he was feeling was his mother?

Who was gone?

Plagg hovered quietly beside him. He knew what day it was. He knew his holder wasn't to be provoked. Not for the first time, he felt sorry for Adrien. All of Plagg's kittens had had bad luck, but in Plagg's opinion, Adrien's was the worst.

He also wasn't one of the first kittens to almost get akumatized (some of Plagg's kittens had some pretty close calls.)

Plagg hoped he wouldn't be the first.

Adrien slowly walked out of his house (*cough* mansion *cough*). He didn't even bother to tell the driver, or Nathalie, that he was walking.

Why should he, when his mother was gone?

He half hoped that someone, anyone, would see him. Come up to him and hug him, and tell him everything was alright, that he was going to be alright.

He wished his father to notice him.

He wished...

Nothing happened.

Adrien sighed, and continued on his way to school.

Adrien slowed down (not that he was going fast in the first place,) as he approached the school.

He stared.

Kids were laughing, talking, having fun. Giggling, chattering, smiling. Running, jumping, flying. Marinette was blushing, as usual, a wide smile on her face.

Adrien hated it.

How could the world be so happy? His mother was gone. The world should be black and white. Sad, depressed, isolated. Unhappy.

It was too much.

Adrien ran.

He didn't see Marinette face lose its blush, turn pale. He didn't see her trying to run after him. He didn't see Nino stop her, explain to her. He didn't see her eyes turn sorrowful, full of pity. He didn't see how much she wanted to go after him.

He was already gone.

Adrien didn't even slow down. He ran all the way to the Eiffel tower. When he reached it, he wasn't even puffing. Being a superhero had its perks. He was extremely fit. Not like anyone would notice.