Soulmark/Soulmate AU

I am exhausted and I'm sorry for not updating (REALLY SUPER DUPER EXTREMELY SORRY) but my parents dragged me around everywhere and I am dying.

Ok, this maybe short, but I really like the idea, and it took me forever, and I hope it was worth the wait!

The flames consume his right hand, licking his wrist, flickers of red amidst the blazing orange.

On his other arm, ribbons of blue, darker than the sky, lighter than sapphires, twirl around his arms.

Just touching the flames, threads of pale pink, tangling together, almost invisible against his tan skin.

A pale yellow caress, framing his cheek, so faded that they never edit it out.

(It used to be bright, before. But soulmarks can disappear if they disappear, stop being there for you, stop-

At least it's still there.

There was a blue one, before, that shone so brightly that everyone smiled when they saw it.

Now, it's gone.)

Chloe has striking red lips, loving the effect she has whenever a passer-by lays eyes on her. An ocean blue mist envelopes her arms, connecting at her neck. A pale purple mark is barely visible on her cheek. On her fingers, just touching her wrists, a burst of aqua.

Alya has an undescribable shade of blue twirling around her arm, her neck, and shoulders, partially covered by her clothes. A vibrant burst of pink trails down her other arm, tangling together at her fingers. An electric green ribbon winds itself around her fingers. There's a dark blue stripe across her forehead, a white handprint across her cheek and eye.

Nino has electric green brushstrokes painting down his arm and to the tips of his fingers. He has a fiery blaze trailing down his other arm, so bright it was the first thing everyone saw. There's an amber splash across his cheek, and a dark blue kiss above his eye, only visible when he blinks.

And Marinette...

Marinette is an artwork.

Blues and Greens and Reds and Yellows and Purples and Pinks blend together, a colourful rainbow. An electric green brushstroke swirls around her neck, her shoulders, her arm. A blaze of orange and red peek out of her jeans, burning up to her knee. A grey kiss marks her forehead, a chocolate brown hand caresses her cheek, covering her eye. A striking crimson forms bands around her wrists.

Every time he looks at her, he swears there's more than before.

(He remembered a time when he used to have more. When she was there, and he was still himself, and everyone they met always had a kind word, a new soulmark.

They all disappeared after a while.

After he never saw them again, never spoke to them again, never-

At least he has a few.)

Plagg doesn't like soulmarks. He has expressed this opinion many times.

(He's supposed to ignore the inky black waves on his foot that are slowly crawling up his ankle, pretend they don't exist.)

But whenever his eyes land on the blazing colours decorating his chosen's arms, he struggles to hide a smile.

(The blue appears once in a while, not bright enough to be edited out, but still there.