The Real Me

The first time Ladybug visited Adrien was on Christmas.

As Marinette, she had tried to give him her present (a beanie and jumper to go with 'Gabriel Agreste's' scarf), but every time she tried, either Chloe or her nerves would get the best of her.

So while she was at home sulking, she had a brilliant idea.

Give the gift to him as Ladybug.

Ignoring Tikki-The Miraculous are only supposed to be used to protect the city- she quickly transformed and leapt away.

With her Ladybug speed, what would have taken Marinette half-an-hour took Ladybug a minute. Hesitantly, she crept up to Adrien's window.

He was still awake, staring at the picture of his mom on his table. (I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a picture of his mum on his table, but whatevs.)

Ladybug quietly knocked on the window.

Adrien's head shot up, his eyes landing on Ladybug. His cheeks had a pink tint.

His eyes widened when he saw Ladybug shivering.

He shot up, hurriedly making his way to the window, and forcefully opening it and practically shoving Ladybug in. Then, he gently closed it, and turned to face Ladybug.

"H-hi Ladybug." Adrien said nervously. "What brings you here?"

Ladybug giggled softly. Adrien's cheeks steadily grew more red. This went unnoticed by Ladybug, who was as oblivious as Adrien when it came to crushes.

"W-well...I'm here more for a friend, really. Marinette. You know her?" Ladybug asked, desperately groping for information about what her crush thought of her.

"Marinette? Yeah, I know her. She's my friend...well at least I think of her like that. I'm pretty sure she doesn't like me."

Ladybug squealed internally. Adrien thought Marinette was her friend! Sure, only a friend, but that would definitely improve. But why would he think she didn't like him?

"Why do you think that?"

"Well...whenever I try to talk to her she always stammers. Or she just runs away."

"Maybe it's because she likes you."

Adrien smiled softly.

"Maybe."

He shook his head.

"But enough of my problems. Why are you here again?"

"Marinette. You see...she wanted to give this to you. As a christmas present! But she didn't get to so...I'm here for her!"

"She...she got this for me? Tell her thanks, please!"

"I course I- Adrien?"

He had a puzzled expression on his face.

"You talk to Marinette?"

Ladybug was panicking internally, but forced herself to remain calm.

"Yeah. She's cool. What, you don't think so?"

"No! She's really nice! It's just, I thought you agreed, and Chat Noir agreed as well, to not talk to any civilians. I mean, like, form friendships with them inside the mask."

Ladybug cursed herself. She had completely forgotten about that. She and Chat had promised not to make friends with anyone in superhero form. It was too dangerous. But only she and Chat knew about that, so how did Adrien?

"How did you know?"

It was Adrien's turn to panic. He had completely forgotten that only he and Ladybug had heard that promise! So he said the first thing that came to mind.