Create/Destroy Soulmate AU

A/N: I'm really sorry if this one and the next one I post are crappy. I have terrible luck. I had art, and we had to do these ink portrait things. The outline was black ink, so while I was doing it, my friend knocked over the cup with the ink and I had a black splotch on my artwork. Then, for the background, I was painting yellow and my friend was painting blue. Somehow, her cup of blue ink got knocked over and now there's this humongous blue patch on my artwork. And since ink is see through, you can literally see all the splotches. And, to make things worse, for my english assignment I got paired up with the most annoying guy in our class who literally spent the whole time saying swear words, making dirty jokes, and calling me a lot of things I won't repeat. My next one is probably going to be posted tom, and it's more crappy than this one. So I'm really sorry if these are terrible.

No Ladybug or Chat Noir.

Marinette sighed, trudging to school.

Another day watching everyone.

Watching them with their soulmate.

Marinette sighed again.

On every child's sixteenth birthday, they were gifted a power. It could be anything. It usually reflected their personality.

Their soulmate would have the opposite one.

Marinette was seventeen. She hadn't found her soulmate yet.

Not that she didn't want to. In fact, she really really wanted to.

But she couldn't.

Marinette's sixteenth birthday had come and gone. And she was gifted her very own power.

But it was something no-one was supposed to have. It was...unique, her parents said.

She knew the truth.

She knew it was abnormal.

Because nobody was supposed to have the power of creation.

Adrien sighed, sitting in the limo that was taking him to school.

Another day, watching everyone.

Watching them with their soulmate.

Adrien was seventeen. He would be eighteen in four months.

He hadn't found his soulmate yet.

No matter how much he wished, how much he prayed, he knew he would never find his soulmate.

Adrien wasn't one of the unlucky ones. He was gifted a power on his sixteenth birthday.

But it was something no-one was supposed to have. Even his father said he was a freak.

He had apologised afterwards, of course. Said he didn't mean it.

He knew the truth.

He knew it was abnormal.

Because nobody was supposed to have the power of destruction.

Alya was already there when Marinette reached the school. She was frantically typing on her phone. She looked up briefly, and her gaze landed on Marinette. She grinned, pocketed her phone, and ran to the bottom of the school steps.

"Hey Mari!" Alya grinned.

"Hey, Alya!" Marinette smiled back.

"How's your blog on Ladybugs going?"