Soulmate AU-3

Yes, I love soulmate AU's. I literally have about ten prompts written down. This one isn't angsty (yes!) but...the beginning's ok but it goes down in quality as you reach the end...better than nothing, right? 

You age until your 18 and then stop until you meet your soulmate.

He still remembered the first time he heard about soulmates.

He didn't know exactly why he realised. He just looked at his mum, looked at his dad, and had a eureka moment.

At night, when his mum tucked him into bed, he voiced the question that had been waiting to come out the whole day.

"Mummy...why does Daddy look older than you?"

He remembered that her eyes turned sad, but her smile was still in place. She leaned in, right next to his ear, like she was about to tell him a big secret.

"I'll tell you when you're older, ok?" she whispered, leaning back.

He was not happy.

So the next day, he went up to his father. It would have been better if he just listened to his mum. Adrien didn't know then, but his father wasn't the best at...being a father.

Gabriel had told Adrien things that a five-year-old really shouldn't know.

And now, 115 years later, he remembers everything.

She still remembered the first time she heard about soulmates.

A kid at the playground had gone around, asking every girl in their class, 'Are you my soulmate?'

Marinette asked her mum as they walked home from school.

"Mummy, what's a soulmate?"

Her mother had smiled at her, and said,

"A soulmate is someone who understands you. They'll know you more than anyone else in the whole world."

Marinette wide eyed, has asked,

"Even you and Papa?"

Her mother chuckled.

"Even Papa and me."

Of course, over the years, she realised what it really meant, and how it affected her.

In her world, you age until you're 25. Then you just stop. No one knows how it's possible. Everyone knows why, though. Once you meet your soulmate, you start aging again. No one Marinette has talked to can explain how they know who their soulmate is. Alya, her best friend, who met her soulmate a week ago, tried to explain. She didn't do very well.

"It's just...a tingly feeling. Like you haven't been breathing, but you don't realise, and once you meet them...you feel how it's like to breathe again."

Great description, Alya. Thank you. That wasn't helping Marinette at all.

Considering the fact that she was 54 (though technically she was still 25), she was pretty sure that whoever her soulmate was, she wasn't meeting him any time soon.

"C'mon, dude! For me? Please?" Nino begged.