Creation and Destruction

I know I said I would update yesterday, but life came up...*winces*

At least it's a long one today!!!!

She starts to get worried when her plants start taking over the floor.

Marinette's always had a talent for growing plants. Flowers seemed to bloom at her touch. Leaves seemed to curl into green as soon as she walked past.

They've never overflowed though.

It's the only way to describe them.

Overflowing.

Because their leaves are spilling out of the little pot, and flowers are blooming crazily, and all Marinette can think is-

How did one little seedling turn into this?

Tikki clears it up.

She tells her that when she's Marinette, some of the magic stays, like residue. Essentially, a part of Tikki's life force is with her, whether she's civilian or superhero. While Ladybug can release the energy by using her powers, Marinette can't. So her magic accumulates, until it needs to be released in one burst.

Hence, the plants.

She can't control it yet. Tikki tells her it takes time, and patience, but she'll soon get the hang of it.

All her chosen's do.

He panicked when the cup disintegrated as soon as he touched it.

Adrien's always had a talent for breaking things. Especially immaterial things.

But he's never actually destroyed something before.

Because the cup has turned into black ash, and it's only remains are a few chips of the pearly white handle, and all Adrien can think is-

Is destroying all I'm good for?

Plagg clears it up.

For the first time ever, Plagg is actually helpful. Sympathetic.

Which only illustrates to Adrien exactly how serious this is.

He tells him that he still had residue magic from when he was Chat Noir. That, essentially, a part of Plagg was in Adrien. That when he was Chat Noir, the magic had a gate, an opening to escape. When he was Adrien, the magic was locked up. It would destroy him from the inside, unless it found something else to corrupt.

Hence, the cup. Or what's left of it.

He can't control it yet. Plagg says it will take blood, sweat and tears, but one day, he'll be able to touch without feeling like it's going to break.

But as Plagg watches his kitten struggle, he neglects to mention one thing.

Not all his chosen's succeed.

In the beginning, she tries to avoid plants.

She's paranoid that it will be the reason why her identity is revealed. What are people supposed to think when a plant explodes right next to her?

Tikki tells her she can't talk to Chat about it, not until she's gained control. It would be too dangerous. If she wasn't careful, her energy bursts would hit him.